Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 10 billion in 2013. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 24,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
Alcon is currently seeking a Principal Engineer - PMO Obsolescence, Continuity located in Irvine CA. The primary scope of this role is to lead projects in the area of obsolescence, end of life, and business continuity. In this role, corporate, multidisciplinary, and site functions will be deployed to meet the business needs to prevent supply chain interruptions, create operations savings and plan for the end of life of aging platforms. This role will report to corporate governance at the executive tea, executive team minus one and plant mgt. Multidisciplinary resources will be deployed onto these projects from multiple departments including Operations, Quality, Research and Development, Marketing, Distribution, Planning, Strategic Purchasing, and Executive Mgt. This position creates and leads the Project Management Office for this site for significant projects.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• This position will work closely with R&D, procurement, Technical Service, production lines and QA to maintain current product lines and prevent supply chain interruptions.
• The ability to manage, lead, guide, critique and correct the course of large cross-functional reams to solve complex electro-mechanical, software, and optical systems level supply chain issues is an essential responsibility for this position.
• This role will create the governance and interaction models to effectively drive these projects from the Operations environment and leverage resources across the Surgical Franchise.
• This role will create report and deliver essential presentations and updates to Senior Management on a timely basis.
• This role will defile and seek budgetary and human resources as needed for the suite of projects within their span of control.
• Understanding and developing system level requirements, optical system process development and having the ability to direct system designs are critical.
• In creation of the Operations Project Management Office role, this position will interface with senior managers in Commercial, R&D, QA, Regulatory, and Operations to execute critical site wide projects.
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements -Bachelor's or greater, preferably a Master of Science in engineering or physics discipline or educational equivalent is required.
-7 years of directly related experience in a systems engineering, technical supply chain, technical project mgt., or process development role.
-In depth understanding of electro-mechanical, optical, software controlled medical ophthalmic equipment a must.
-Proven experience with new product introductions, new product process development in the manufacturing environment, support of existing products, and collaboration with QA, production, and R&D will be required.
-Capability of working collaboratively with multiple teams across multiple locations and providing technical and process direction and interacting with all levels of mgt.
-The ability to travel is also a requirement.
-This position requires up to 10% travel.
-Experience using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and project mgt. tools.
A little about us:
As the global leader in eye care, Alcon develops and manufactures innovative medicines and devices to serve the full life cycle of eye care needs.