Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for researching, designing, planning, developing, and/or
evaluating new, advanced technologies by translating customer
requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design.
Works with engineering, marketing, customer service, and engineering
support to develop detailed design, project plans, and product launch.
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures,
third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams
to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined
- Participates in the Company product lifecycle process, contributes to
and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design
documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems
definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team,
worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned
into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Provides guidance and accepts accountability for the performance and
reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and
ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Recommends courses of action, technology, technical solutions, long
term vision and vision of what needs to happen to grow the Company.
- Develops state-of-the art solutions to maximize on technology and
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 11+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer