Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
At Workday, we value configurability over customization. This has been a central design theme in building our applications since day one. This configurability is a significant differentiator for us, allowing Workday customers to experience a significant reduction in total cost of ownership over our competitors. The Enterprise Framework team is at the center of this configuration capability. This team designs and constructs enterprise frameworks and technical services to enable the Workday application teams to create industry leading enterprise software. This primarily involves the business process framework and workflow engine. However; custom objects, generalized condition rules, and document generation are few examples of the expanding framework functionality.
We're actively searching for the right candidate to take these frameworks to the next level. Does this sound like you?
In the first 6 months you will:
- Work with Framework, Security, and AppDev Engineering teams to rationalize and separate existing framework boundaries with non-framework components to ensure teams know how and where to focus their efforts
- Develop a framework & common component inventory across the XO code base identifying function and ownership
Within the first year you will:
- Identify, design, and deliver one net-new high-use common framework or component for use by the AppDev organization
Ongoing you will:
- Drive and promote technical initiatives at various levels as needed to ensure framework consistency: technical, process, cross-team and intra-team
- Work with Framework, Security, and PaaS teams to generate new solution ideas looking forward to latest OMS and Platform solutions. Expectation is most promising will result in pilot projects
- Work with all Framework Engineering teams to design and deliver high use, high value, framework level APIs
What's in it for you?
- Become a leader in the framework area helping drive Workday's application solution with wide exposure to all areas of the platform
- Have an impact on the day to day performance of the 1000+ engineers using these critical frameworks and components
- Maintain a high degree of control in your direction over projects areas and technology challenges to explore
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.