As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.Responsible for the Design, Planning and Optimization of GSM/UMTS/LTE networks for T-Mobile USA. Will be a key member of the team that provides guidelines on design, planning, capacity management, and deployment of GSM, UMTS and LTE networks for the Field. Develops national or regional standards, documents, processes, and practices. Manages multiple national or regional projects. This is a key technical leadership position required to do in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies that may span national or regional geography. This position will also perform mentoring duties to Junior and Senior engineers.Core Competencies:Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.Minimum required
- Must be passionate on the wireless technologies and willing to take ownership on his or her own career development. The individual is willing to take on the challenging assignments and projects not in the job description and outside of the regular responsibilities.
- Must be able to lead project teams via effective influence to achieve business objectives and drive the large scale project to completion. Feel comfortable to demonstrate leadership to and interact with 16 markets in the Region.
- Must be able to develop, articulate, and influence technical strategies and policies across the division. Concise communication, writing and presentation skills are critical on this role. Be able to summarize complex issues in simple terms and produce professional look Powerpoint presentation.
- Must also be able to use their discretion to prioritize tasks and work items.
- Must be a subject matter expert and demonstrate in-depth understanding of wireless network technologies and standards.
- Experienced in the use of different RF Performance and Planning tools (experience with Asset tool will be preferred), ACP tools and AFP tools.
- Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of Wireless Network Architecture, Technologies, and Concepts with emphasis on Coverage Solutions.
- Mastery of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc.
- Recognized subject matter expert with in-depth understanding of GERAN, UTRAN, LTE Functions, Interfaces, and Protocols (AC, AP, SeGW, H(e)Nb-GW, Femto Cell OSS, SPM, BSC, RNC, BTS, NodeB, eNB, Iu-h, IuB, Abis, IuR, A I/F, Ater, IuCS, IuPS, IuPC, S1, X2).
- SME Experience in designing HetNet and DAS (Indoor and Outdoor) networks.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office.
- Able to work flexible hours, self- motivated and ability to work under pressure, effective interpersonal skills.
- 8-10+ years Technical experience with GERAN, UTRAN and eUTRAN network Planning and Design Engineering.
- LTE FDD Experience a must.
Education:Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Operational Experience in Technical Project Management, Performance Management, Capacity Planning, or Fault Management methods preferred.
- Programming and database skills are a huge plus.
- Conduct and manage design reviews and operation reviews with all markets in the region.
- SME Operational Support: Support the Performance Management, Capacity Planning, troubleshooting and Operational teams for T-Mobile Systems.
- Perform feasibility analysis of new features, new RF products, KPIs, planning and dimensioning rules and the development of optimization features and processes
- Develops regional standards, documents, processes, and practices that provide details on a variety of RF engineering topics that will be used by regions and markets
- Works closely with national, regional or market teams on national/regional projects, new initiatives and overall support of planning, performance and optimization activities to ensure adherence to standards and alignment with overall strategy and to maximize efficiency within the organization
- Drive consistency across multiple planning tools and ensure smooth handoffs between tools, as well as drive acceptance and communication of tools across regions and teams
- Interpret technical specifications in accordance with Wireless industry standards, including 3GPP, ITUT, IETF, and ANSI, in order to establish wireless network designs.
- Provide technical leadership for GSM/WCDMA/LTE network architecture and protocols as well as future technologies, e.g 5G roadmap.
- Influence the acceptance of new performance practices and performance based operational efficiencies, communicate and gather acceptance at regional level.
- Acts as a mentor for junior RF Engineering staff. May be required to develop training materials and host training sessions
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
A little about us:
Being Magenta means something different to each of us, but whatever our role, we stand together behind the game-changing mission of Team Magenta.