Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1018204
San Jose CA
The position is in CSG Orchestration and Controller Architecture group. The focus of this group is to create architecture for a platform that can be used and leveraged across Cisco portfolio of products and orchestration use cases. In addition to this, the group is focused on creating next generation container based NFV platform; creating Policy based systems and data modeling to support such systems.
The group's charter involves creating and influencing product strategy, product architecture, leading projects that involve creating technical assets across various divisions in Cisco, talking to customers, playing an advisory role to senior executives and leadership for senior staff across business units.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Drive a collaborative process with stakeholders and fellow architects to collect business and technical requirements to then fully articulate the solutions architecture of the platform
• Identify, deliver, and document the required artifacts to make the new capabilities generally available, including strategy collateral, roadmaps, position statements, policies, standards, concepts, and logical specifications
• After the initial architecture phase, the architect would actively continue monitoring and consulting throughout the execution phases, including design, engineering, implementation, and operations, feeding implementation and operational challenges back into architectural opportunities
• Influence strategic decision makers, engage with a broad set of stakeholders and subject matter experts across multiple disciplines, build relationships, and communicate strategy, architecture and technology to the broader internal community
• As a senior technical leader, this person is expected to deliver and lead through others, as well as personally working to reach innovative solutions to business problems
PE/Senior technical leaders with proven track records
• 10+ years industry experience with Master's/Doctorate Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
• In-depth understanding of enterprise applications, data management systems, big data and analytics systems such as Hadoop, NoSQL
• Technical Experience for integration of automation frameworks across I/P/SaaS enterprise solutions though demonstrated experience developing integration infrastructure or cloud service brokers through APIs and understanding of the full agile lifecycle application development and CI/CD processes and tools.
• IaaS OSS/BSS, Openstack, service provisioning/metering/assurance, integration frameworks, familiar with SP and enterprise OSS/BSS best practice architectures, familiar with SaaS app deployment models
• Core expertise to include OOD/OOP concepts, architectural mindset, IT analysis/analytical thinking, innovation management, enterprise perspective and process knowledge
• Leading DevOps initiatives and assists in performance and scalability planning; testing as required
• Analyzes opportunities with a broad, strategic view; integrates business and technology requirements to achieve cross-domain solutions that work across the enterprise; applies methodologies that are appropriate for multiple users / technology platforms.
• Strong influencing and leadership skills at technical level.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
• Technology leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring/teaching, critical thinking/judgment, facilitation, leading change, and team development.
• Effective planning skills and the ability to work to prioritize and move forward multiple deliverables at the same time.
• Ability to work with and bring together different groups, teams, and projects
• Must be a self-starter, constantly learning and a team player
• Must be able to work cohesively within the team and with strategic partners to building industry leading solutions for next generation of network orchestration and controller solutions and platforms.
• Excellent understanding of the industry landscape (competitors and partners).
• Experience in C++/Java/J2EE/Python/Shell programming
• Experience with NO-SQL databases
• Experience with the enterprise service buses and integration brokers/middleware
• Experience with RESTful web services, SOAP, XML, JSON, JUnit, JMeter, Spring Framework, IntelliJ, Maven and design patterns as well as Agile software development methodology
• Experience with implementing DevOps solutions
• Experience designing and implementing SaaS based applications
• Technical knowledge of Routing and Switching, Security, Wi-Fi and Wireless technologies and protocols
• Understanding of NMS for Campus, Data Center and Cloud Deployments
• Understanding of network orchestration and controller functionalities, understanding any one of Cisco's controllers such as APIC-EM, VTS or DCNM would be an added advantage.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
@CiscoCareers is #hiring #L2-L7 #Linux kernel #LXC/KVM/Docker/libvirt #Cgroups LSM #Yocto #REST API/JSON
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Software Defined Network (SDN)
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.