More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
As an Enterprise Architect you will be part of the Enterprise Architecture organization under Sysco's Business Technology Enterprise Services organization.Sysco's Business Technology department brings together technology and process expertise into one streamlined, consumer and business-oriented team.Our focus is to provide innovative business solutions that eliminate waste, maximize customer satisfaction and improve business productivity.
As Enterprise Architect - Technical Architecture, you will be strategically focused and will help drive and shape the future evolution of the entire technical portfolio at Sysco. In this advanced role, you will be required to partner with business and technical leaders, provide strong knowledge of best practices and techniques in the technical vertical, have deep and extensive knowledge of key technical platforms (including servers, storage, network, virtualization, cloud computing/IaaS, and middleware technologies like web/application server platforms), and be able to efficiently communicate to various partners with varying levels of understanding. The ability to assess and understand existing, complex technical environments is a must in this role along with having the vision to simplify and modernize systems, remove redundancies and improve inefficiencies.
You will work closely with leaders in the Infrastructure group to execute the new EA operating model and achieve the strategic goal of "Always On. Always Available" systems for critical business functions at Sysco. You will also define technology standards/roadmaps for enterprise infrastructure and provide architectural oversight to roadmap implementation activities. You will ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and offer support to delivery teams regarding new technologies and technical requirements definition. Description of Responsibilities:
- Define a current state technical architecture that can be utilized by Sysco technical teams.
- Define the future state technical architecture that will strategically advance the organization while maintaining alignment with future Business and BT objectives
- Provide project-specific technical architecture and solutions design assistance starting the CTI implementation for Sysco's Customer Service Console initiative
- Review and evaluate, cost and develop optimized technical designs based on rigorous understanding of returned benefits and ROI/TCO.
- Lead development of patterns, tools and frameworks to improve security, reliability, maintainability, availability and performance of technical solutions
- Evaluate projects from a technical stance, guaranteeing that the methods and technologies used are practical, correct and fit for purpose.
- Validate and challenge the detailed technical architectures provided by technology partners, fellow team members and vendors in support of a project or technical solution.
- Investigate the viability of upcoming and emerging technologies to improve the stability, longevity and adaptability of Sysco's systems.
- Consult in development of architectural strategy, including technology standardization, infrastructure guiding principles and modernization.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with leaders and technical experts in Sysco's infrastructure group.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 12+ years of IT experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Architect driving strategy from an enterprise perspective is preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with building and operating complex IT systems in production.
- Advanced understanding of technologies used in corporate environments and data centers including but not limited to servers, open-system and mainframe environments, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, security applications, along with a solid understanding of end-user devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets and mobile devices.
- Advanced understanding of cloud technology offerings and how they can be leveraged to advance the existing technical portfolio.
- Solid understanding of Agile, Lean, DevOps, and Continuous Deployment Methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Physical infrastructure: Network, Compute, and Storage
- Virtualization Technologies: Software-Defined Networks, Hypervisors, Containers
- Runtime Systems
- Telephony: IVR, CTI (Salesforce.com integration experience strongly preferred)
- Middleware and Database Technologies
- Infrastructure Policies and Security Frameworks
- Experience with legacy or mainframe system modernization is strongly preferred
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. IT is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.