Principal Escalation Engineer
In the cloud, support and especially premium support are major revenue opportunities for the Microsoft business.
Are you part of the detailed, data driven revolution at Microsoft? Do you constantly seek the evidence to bring positive change to your service? Can you bring your data and engineering skills to help us move from a cost based support approach to helping us develop world-class technical capabilities which enable the vision of premium support which generates revenue?
We’re looking for a strong leader that helps define the direction of Windows Azure Support. The opportunity for you is to be part of the Azure revolution, to be constantly challenged as the platform expands to provide broader capabilities to customers, support cloud computing customers and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft teams across the Azure ecosystem: support, business, engineering, operations and more.
As a Principal engineer, you will manage a challenging set of engineering problems and will be accountable for our push toward a culture of products which are “designed for supportability.” You must be comfortable working hand in hand with senior engineering leaders to make progress and this is a critical part of the role. You must have experience building programs and formalizing agreements and systems which build consistent products and processes. This really is a tremendous opportunity for you to fundamentally change how Azure is supported and success would unlock huge revenue opportunities for Microsoft.
· Work across teams: partner with the engineering teams, SPMs team, EEE and support to create a common set of engineering criteria which lead to supportable and financially sustainable cost models for cloud services.
· Work closely with Eng. team and SPM team to help improve the product to increase customer satisfaction and help ensure a better and simpler users experience.
· Develop engineering plans, drive execution to results and manage outcomes
· Communicate clearly about projects and proactively communicate risks
· Help analyze and translate business requirements into clear direction for engineering teams
· Lead customer focused design initiatives for the engineering team to enable better support of customers.
The Ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
· At least 7 years’ experience in software development, technical software support, systems development, or consulting
· BA/BS in Business or Computer Science is desired
· Cloud experience in an engineering or customer facing role.
· Experience deploying, configuring and operating enterprise cloud applications
· Technical portfolio management of standards
· Experience working with partner and higher level stakeholders to achieve win/win outcomes.
· Devops experience on an Azure service
For this position, you will be required to pass Microsoft background check prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.