Principal Escalation Engineer – ASD Product Delivery
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Posted: September 15, 2016
Reference ID: 169661BR
Principal Escalation Engineer - EMC Advanced Storage Division – Product Delivery
LOCATION – West Coast
The Principal Escalation Engineer (L3) position is in the ASD PRODUCT DELIVERY team. This candidate will provide in-depth product technical leadership to customer service and engineering to support ECI installations. This individual will also assist with several key areas such as Knowledge Transfer, Early Adopter Programs, and Key Customer Activities and Escalations. Additional responsibilities will include writing technical product articles, presentations, customer consulting and provide future product enhancements.
About Caspian -: EMC Caspian is a turnkey open source private cloud providing a converged infrastructure deployment experience that will allow customers to rapidly deploy and manage the following service offerings:
+ ECI IaaS: Cloud Compute using OpenStack
+ ECI PaaS: Cloud Foundry integration
+ ECI Big Data: Big Data PaaS – Hadoop-based big data service
EMC ECI customers benefit from:
+ Agile service provisioning
+ Cloud service catalogs
+ Integrated billing and charging
+ Highly resilient storage with replication and geo-redundancy
+ Robust monitoring and reporting
+ Integrated software stack
+ Federated user management
+ End to end support
+ Common hardware platform
+ Multi-protocol hyper-converged storage
+ Open source based service technology
+ Uncompromised performance
For a more detailed product information please refer to this link: http://virtualgeek.typepad.com/virtual_geek/2015/05/emc-world-day-3-project-caspian.html
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Represent engineering on critical customer conference calls and present engineering status on reported issues.
· Interface closely with Engineering and Customer Service
· Drive Customer Meetings and Demonstrations
· Travel to customer sites as needed
· Provide technical direction and training to the customer service and field
· Develop on going product training using presentation and video
· Influence development efforts and scope
· Conduct demonstrations and deep dive presentations
· Consulting with EMC field, Customer service and Customers on complex problems and provide innovative solutions
· Ability to learn complex technical material quickly
· Proven ability setting up environments to replicate issues for troubleshooting in-house
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Analytical and have great troubleshooting skills
· Requires little monitoring, while reporting regular feedback to management
· Self-driven, motivated individual who fully engages to drive progress
· Great verbal and written communication skills
· Understanding of customer needs, environments, support processes and tools
· Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a fast paced, high pressure environment
· Expert in Problem solving skills & Analytical ability.
· Strong Debugging skills & exposure to solving complex problems for customers.
· Strong customer focused and results oriented attitude
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Flexible working time
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Presentation skills.
+ Detailed knowledge of Linux
+ Detailed knowledge of OpenStack
+ Detailed knowledge of Layer 3 networking
+ Hands on experience or knowledge of REST API protocols for OpenStack.
+ Linux Container technology ( Docker)
+ Basic knowledge of Python or Java
+ Networking knowledge of BGP and OSPF.
+ Knowledge of networking switch (Arista, Cisco) configuration and setup
+ Networking troubleshooting skills: l2, l3, SDN, Linux networking
Direct experience in computer systems, IT, operating systems, networking or storage. Study areas include computer engineering, computer science or systems engineering.
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Engineering - Software
203 - INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT GROU
US - California - Los Angeles, US - California - San Francisco, US - Washington - Seattle