Join the team delivering one of Oracle's most successful products--The Exadata Database Machine providing the highest performance ideally suited for the workloads of cloud computing.
Come and be a part of our exciting, bright and leading edge Exadata group! Work with a relatively small, highly motivated, close-knit, dynamic and vibrant team. No two days are alike!
The Exadata team is seeking top talent within the systems development community to include Intel x86 experience as well as evaluating and working with the latest HW and SW technology.
This is a Principal Systems Development
position - requiring skills and aptitude for bringing multiple components together and making them work together. Deliverables span tools, scripts, release management, utilities, security, configuration and end user command line tools for distributed deployments and upgrades.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill-sets/technologies:
- Design, implement, measure and fabric and host-based technologies for networking
- Implement NIC-based offload firmware and design end-to-end systems, analysis and measurement
- Move data between machines more efficiently including firmware for embedded processors on Host Component Adapters (HCAs)
- BS in Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- BS in Computer Science coupled with extensive Network HW experience acceptable as well
- Five (5) years of engineering experience within HCA technologies for networking and fabrics
- Experience with Ethernet, Infiniband, Verbs, TCP/IP, RDMA, ROCE, and HPC-protocols
- General OS techniques and "Userspace" networking
- Understanding of congestion-control techniques DCQCN, ECN and QCN
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.