Come and be a part of our exciting, bright and leading edge Exadata group! Work with a relatively small, highly motivated, close-knit, dynamic and vibrant team. No two days are alike!
The Exadata team is seeking top talent within the systems development community to include Intel x86 experience as well as evaluating and working with the latest HW and SW technology. This technology includes PCIe Flash, NVMe, Infiniband all of which transcend varying types of storage medium.
This is a Principal Systems Development position - requiring skills and aptitude for bringing multiple components together and making them work together. Deliverables span tools, scripts, release management, utilities, security, configuration and end user command line tools for distributed deployments and upgrades. Description
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Executing technical strategy to meet project schedules
- Managing component vendors to meet specification requirements
- Communicating status of issues and managing resolution along the way
- Working in a cross-functional team to ensure high quality PCIe Flash Design, Development and Delivery
- Tracking milestones for component qualification to meet program schedules
- Ensuring ongoing vendor production quality and resolving production issues
- Integrating with internal engineering teams tracking component failure analysis as needed
- Typically requires at least 5 years experience, preferably in PCIe Flash Memory or Storage in general. Individuals with experience beyond this level are encouraged to apply, and can take on additional responsibilities
- Must demonstrate a strong track record managing product design, development and delivery
- Vendor management experience a great add
- Must possess strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with PCIe Flash memory technology and processing a plus
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.