San Francisco OR San Jose
Oracle is currently looking for an Operations Outbound Product Manager for the Oracle Cloud Operations team focusing on Oracle Cloud architecture and supporting strategic deals and accounts.
Oracle Cloud offers enterprise ready SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services delivered over the internet. Oracle Cloud Operations group's mission is to operate a Premier Cloud Computing Service delivering on the Mission Critical requirements of Enterprise IT.
This role will work closely with Development, Support, Oracle Consulting Services, and third party partners and be primarily responsible for championing Oracle Cloud Operations requirements across the Oracle Cloud Services portfolio. Additionally, this role will also work on effective documentation and communication of Cloud Operations service capabilities to internal stakeholders, external prospects, and customers.
The key function of the role is one of Strategy/Product Mgmt. for Cloud Operations in field facing activities. The primary function of the role is to represent Oracle Public Cloud Operations to support strategic deals, in executive level briefings, during internal meetings with field facing stakeholders, and internal teams responsible for delivery, support, and deployment of Oracle Public Cloud services. The role is also responsible for participating in solution reviews to ensure adherence to Oracle Public Cloud delivery standards by identifying gaps in proposed solutions, and providing recommendations for remediation.
As Oracle is a global company, this role will require occasional travel. The key responsibilities consist of:
Experience, Skills, Academic Requirements:
- Act as the representative of Oracle Public Cloud operations to field facing teams, including consultants, account teams, CSMs on strategic and complex accounts.
- Responsible for participating in product review boards, and acting as the primary contact person in the area of architectural oversight, best practices and standards, and providing education and information to both internal resources and external clients.
- Represent operations to executives by participating in CVC (Customer Visits) for strategic deals.
- Answer field questions related to operational practices and standards.
- Conduct solution reviews for complex and strategic deals to ensure alignment to operational standards, identify solution gaps, and work with internal stakeholders to address any potential exceptions.
- Create re-usable content and collateral based on previous deals, solutions and information gathered from field engagements, and conduct regular training sessions to the extended cloud ops strategy team.
- Perform the responsibilities of a Strategy/Product Mgr. acting as a customer facing advocate for cloud operations.
- Represent operations in strategic and complex deals to ensure alignment with Oracle Public Cloud delivery standards.
- Must be comfortable presenting and talking about SLA, Operational capabilities on key customer accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree required. CBCP, MBCP, MBCI or related field experience required
- 8-12 direct years of experience required
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in the field of cloud, cloud architecture and X as a Service
- Minimum 5-8 years experience in a customer facing role, with experience presenting to executive level individuals
0% - 25% Qualifications:
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.