We are currently adding a Principal Financial Analyst position within the Cloud Operations Finance team which will be primarily focused on pricing analysis, demand forecasting and capacity planning.
As a member of Oracle's Global Business Finance organization, you will play an important part in providing pricing analysis, demand forecasts and capacity plans, as well as other financial analyses and guidance to a Business Unit Leader. This includes, competitive pricing analysis, sales reporting, pipeline analysis, future demand forecasting along with developing and maintaining cloud capacity models. Responsibilities will include tracking weekly sales, and reporting on progress towards goals, managing a long term demand forecast (new and churn), modeling capacity requirements and tracking capacity build outs.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute within a fast paced and growth area for the company. RESPONSIBILITIES:
PERSONAL AND INTERPERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Develop regular pricing reporting and analysis to understand pricing trends and behaviors
- Review and assess competitive pricing, promotions, discounting and activity to understand competitive threats and opportunities
- Work with the Cloud Operations teams to track capacity build outs
- Closely work with the sales finance team and product managers to develop demand forecasts
- Understand the upside and risk potential in the forecasts and help analyze their impact
- Reporting and Analysis: Work with operations management to identify and track appropriate performance measures, key performance indicators and associated drivers. Be proactive in reviewing information identifying inconsistencies, trends and issues for management. Drive consistent processes and standard formats.
- Support the annual budget process for the business unit across a global organization, providing standard models, guidance on targets and coordinating reviews
- Prepare financial information and analysis for Quarterly Business Reviews. Communicate to business management and Finance lead, areas of concern and actions required to meet financial commitments
- Provide support for sales inquiries and new business opportunities, including costing and profitability analysis
- Drive automation of reporting across all business groups
- FP&A support (Forecast and Budgeting)
- Able to build trust and credibility between finance and the management team
- Take personal ownership for the achievement of agreed goals
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company and make presentations to senior management
- Strong intellectual curiosity in computer science. Prior engineering background with knowledge of servers, data centers, configuration and capacity planning; is highly preferred
- Demonstrated demand forecast abilities and capacity planning skills
- Established analytical and problem solving skills
- Very Strong spreadsheet, financial systems and database skills, programming knowledge desirable
- Exposure to ERP Environment including System based reporting - BI Reporting, Hyperion / Essbase will be an added advantage.
- Capacity to manage complex, data intensive processes
- Ability to identify cross-functional issues and offer workable solutions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with peers and counterparts in a global / multi location setup.
- 8 years relevant experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
***All Qualifications are preferred****Qualifications:
Financial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies.
As a member of Oracle*s finance organization, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of financial support for planning and control. Assist in consolidation and reporting of financial results; preparation of annual budget. Gather, model, analyze, prepare, and summarize information for financial plans, operating forecasts, trended future specifications, etc.; on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Prepares recommendations based on analyzes. May perform revenue and expense analysis, headcount and headcount driven expense analysis at cost center level, tracking of product and product line revenue, reconciliation of accounts receivable, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You may participate in cross functional programs and projects.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in Oracle Financials. Strong analysis and research skills. Ability to partner across functions. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance preferred. CPA/MBA desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.