We are currently recruiting Principal/Senior Financial Analyst to support our Oracle Digital Finance team. In this position you will be the key business partner for the Oracle Digital Hardware Business in the North America Technology Organization. You will provide financial analysis and guidance to the business unit, this includes revenue reporting, pipeline review, business modeling, sales compensation management and forecasting revenue, expense and headcount. Responsibility extends to Quarterly Business Review preparation, financial updates to senior management and making recommendations to improve business performance. RESPONSIBILITIES:
PERSONAL AND INTERPERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Planning and budgeting:
- Lead annual planning and budgeting cycle for revenue, operating expense, and headcount
- Provide guidance on targets
- Coordinate business forecast reviews
- Develop and maintain financial models as required
- Management reporting:
- Create and maintain comprehensive management reporting package
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly Business Operations Reviews
- Ensuring data quality and accuracy of management reporting
- Provide insightful analysis and commentary to drive business decision making process
- Weekly forecasting:
- Analyze, prepare, and present revenue forecast that includes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Bookings, and Revenue.
- Understand the upside and risk potential in the forecasts and help to manage the numbers effectively
- Compensation Management:
- Work with sales and sales operations counterparts to manage quota setting and develop compensation plans
- Proactively engage with Global Business Finance Compensation team to resolve any issues in a timely and efficient manner
- Closely partner with sales operations and finance counterparts on all financial aspects of the sales model, compensation, business performance, establishment of revenue actuals etc.
- Drive automation of reporting for the Hardware group with prospect to drive standardization across all of Oracle Digital
- Actively engage with the Hardware business to understand key sales patterns by customer, product and channel
- Able to build trust and credibility with sales business partners and key finance and operations stakeholders
- Take personal ownership for the achievement of agreed goals
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the company and make presentations to management
- Use creativity and Finance expertise to arrive at new solutions
- Ability to step back and ask difficult questions as an agent of change
- Proactive with a high sense of urgency
- A proven track record of being successful in a fast paced environment
- 8 years relevant experience including business unit Finance / FP&A
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong excel skills and financial systems acumen
- Ability to develop, implement and manage processes in a matrix organization
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA preferred
San Antonio, TXQualifications:
Financial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies.
As a member of Oracle*s finance organization, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of financial support for planning and control. Assist in consolidation and reporting of financial results; preparation of annual budget. Gather, model, analyze, prepare, and summarize information for financial plans, operating forecasts, trended future specifications, etc.; on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Prepares recommendations based on analyzes. May perform revenue and expense analysis, headcount and headcount driven expense analysis at cost center level, tracking of product and product line revenue, reconciliation of accounts receivable, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You may participate in cross functional programs and projects.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in Oracle Financials. Strong analysis and research skills. Ability to partner across functions. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance preferred. CPA/MBA desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.