Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Financial Analyst
Principal Financial Analyst
Capital One currently has multiple Financial Analysis opportunities available across various Finance Teams within our Richmond, VA office.
As a Principal Financial Analyst, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient.
As a Principal Financial Analyst, you will:
- Develop and build forecasting models, research financial and economic trends for specific projects, and provide technical solutions for business analysis.
- Develop cost models to be used in individual area analysis.
- Forecast important business variables, generate monthly/quarterly business reviews, analyze both historical and forecasting results, and make business recommendations.
- Develop methodologies and processes that provide transparency of costs and cost drivers to recipient businesses, and analyze current financial results to identify and address evolving business issues and opportunities.
- Provide management and business clients with project statuses.
- Perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests.
The role requires strong communication, problem solving, critical thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Partner with business leadership to assess the financial implications of ongoing efforts to grow the organization
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior leadership audiences
- Financial analysis and reporting: accurately analyze/explain key cost drivers and monthly variances, suggest actions to the business and manage the regular reporting process
- Budgeting, forecasting and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Business presentations: Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in financial analysis
- At least 3 years’ experience with financial modeling
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Master’s Degree in Finance
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 4+ years’ experience in financial analysis
- 4+ years’ experience with financial modeling
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.