Senior Financial Analyst- Hardware Operations "This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship."
Exciting opportunity to be a part of Oracle's Global Business Finance team
Business Area Global Business Finance
Country United States
Location Santa Clara
Job Reference xxxxxxx Oracle
(NYSE: ORCL) We are the world's largest provider of enterprise software and a leading provider of computer hardware products and services that are engineered to work together in the cloud and in the data center. We are a leader in the core technologies of cloud computing, including database and middleware as well as web-based applications, virtualization, clustering and large-scale systems management. We provide cloud services as well as software and hardware products to other cloud service providers, both public and private. Oracle database and middleware software, applications software and hardware systems-including computer server, storage and networking products-are the building blocks of our own cloud services, our partners' cloud services and our customers' private cloud environments. Our customers can subscribe to use select Oracle software and hardware products through our cloud offerings, or purchase our software and hardware products and related services to build their own private cloud or on-premise information technology (IT) environments. Our strategy is to deliver reliable and scalable products and services that are built upon industry standards and are engineered to work together or independently. We also pursue new or emerging growth opportunities in order to maintain technology leadership. Offering customers a choice in how they use our products and services-while maintaining enterprise-grade reliability, security and interoperability-is important to our corporate strategy. Department Description
Global Business Finance WWOPs (Worldwide Operations) is responsible for forecasting and reporting the expenses associated with the manufacturing of Oracle's hardware group. We empower our business partner to drive profitability, increase return on assets and maximize net income by transforming information and financial expertise into executable recommendations. We will accomplish this by providing timely, accurate and objective financial information, fiduciary oversight and decision support based on a fundamental understanding of the business model and in alignment with Oracle's values. We provide financial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting.
We are currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst position on the Global Business Finance WWOPS team supporting our Global Planning and Fulfillment organization. Responsibilities:
Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Business partnership to help align and achieve desired strategic pillars and vision of Worldwide Operations
- Engage with LOB VP to drive profitability, increase return on assets and provide financial support in driving business decisions.
- Provide decision support, objective advice and counsel based on fundamental understanding of the business model.
- Deliver timely, relevant, quality information for all phases of planning, forecasting, and reporting (Budget, Flash, Close)
- Ah hoc analysis for potential opportunities with new product features, enhancements and updates.
- Planning and budgeting: participate in annual planning and budgeting cycle in line with corporate and business requirements.
- Participate in various Global Business Finance change initiatives to drive improvements in efficiency effectiveness of financial reporting
- Participate in Quarter end activities and contribute in close process
***All Qualifications are preferred*** Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree with 5 years finance experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to stay organized, prioritize objectives in a dynamic, challenging environment
- Excellent financial & analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Hyperion Essbase Planning and Analysis tool
Financial support to business areas through financial analysis, budgeting, planning and forecasting; to facilitate decision making and future business strategies.
As a member of Oracle*s finance organization, you will be responsible for providing all aspects of financial support for planning and control. Assist in consolidation and reporting of financial results; preparation of annual budget. Gather, model, analyze, prepare, and summarize information for financial plans, operating forecasts, trended future specifications, etc.; on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis. Prepares recommendations based on analyzes. May perform revenue and expense analysis, headcount and headcount driven expense analysis at cost center level, tracking of product and product line revenue, reconciliation of accounts receivable, variance analysis and ad-hoc analysis as needed. You may participate in cross functional programs and projects.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficiency in Oracle Financials. Strong analysis and research skills. Ability to partner across functions. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA in Accounting/Finance preferred. CPA/MBA desired.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.