Reporting within Symantec Infrastructure Services you will be part of Symantec's established Network Services team. You will be a Firewall Engineer supporting Firewall Infrastructure in an DevOps role in a large enterprise. The ideal candidate MUST possess 5+ years of Firewall experience combined with a solid background in Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA/Firepower and Pulse Secure VPN.Responsibilities
• Support of Production & Lab firewall environment under Change & Incident Management.
• Build firewall rule policies in accordance with established Network access and security zone standards.
• Work as a key member of Firewall Services team with broad knowledge of currently supported firewall and VPN technologies.
• Support various firewall functions like IPSec VPNs, HA, Clustering, ALG/inspection, IPS/IDS, AD, SSO integration, Application control and other NGFW features.
• Provide Level 3/4 support during high severity incidents using various tools & techniques such as packet captures, Log analysis & correlation and available monitoring & diagnostic tools.
• Well versed with different firewall platforms and be able to generate BoM, solutions for a given project or hardware refresh.
• Ability to be on call for after-hours support to accommodate projects tasks & meeting in different time zone.Qualifications
- 5+ years' experience of Firewall experience combined with a solid background in Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA/Firepower and Pulse Secure VPN.
- Demonstrated experience in Firewall Engineering, supporting Firewall Infrastructure including application delivery, lab separation and Internet egress.
- Experience and deep expertise of the working of Juniper SRX & Cisco ASA/Firepower/FTD, their limitations and deployment scenarios.
- Experience in using sniffers and packet captures to resolve production issues.
- Demonstrated expertise of networking knowledge including a thorough understanding of the OSI model through TCP/IP layers 2 through 7 including NGFW.
- Strong understanding of Juniper Network and Security Manager NSM, JunOS Space, Cisco ASDM, CSM for delivery of uniform global policies across multiple firewalls for security and policy management including device configuration.
- Experience working with business requestors to translate business requirements, analysis, match against security polices and convert into firewall rule sets and documentation.
- Experience with Pulse Secure VPN platforms, clustering of those technologies as well as proxy of authentication to external systems e.g. RADIUS and LDAP/AD is a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Splunk, ServiceNow, NetBrain, RedSeal, LiveAction, Tufin is desirable.
- Experience with cross functional working including communications with other teams over calls and presentations.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.