Principal Group Manager
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. By joining our Worldwide Learning team, you can play an important role in this mission. We are looking for a product development professional that will lead the team responsible for planning and researching Microsoft’s next generation learning experiences. In this role, you will have an opportunity to build innovative solutions and impact the way our employees, customers and partners learn. You will also have an opportunity to recruit and coach a team of diverse product planners.
In this role, you will build a team of learning technology subject matter experts that will develop concepts, use data to determine what works and a what doesn’t, and write/maintain the specification for Microsoft’s next generation learning experiences. The experiences will provide engaging, streamlined and modern approaches for learners as they build their skills and careers. In this role, you will be managing a team of product planning and research individual contributors. Recruiting and developing a diverse team that is representative of our learners is critical to our success. Experience in delivering innovative technology solutions to market is essential.
• Clearly communicate the strategy and plan for Microsoft’s next generation learning experiences
• Lead the planning and research for Microsoft’s next generation learning experiences
• Recruit and develop a diverse team of planners
• Partner with teams across Microsoft to align our next generation learning experiences with our company strategy
• Provide subject matter expertise to Microsoft on the latest/greatest approaches to learning technology
• Develop concepts and A/B tests that allow us to deliver the most impactful learning approaches
• Embed data collection and feedback mechanisms throughout our learning solutions to generate data-driven, actionable insights
• Keep the project on time and on budget
• Communicate progress and opportunities through weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews.
• 5+ years of experience with current learning technologies in a large corporate environment
• 5+ years of experience leading product development and/or planning organizations
• Proven experience in recruiting and developing diverse talent
• Demonstrated ability to architect, plan and deliver solutions to market
• Experience in learner-focused design and learning technologies
• Ability to find solutions and a path forward even in ambiguous situations
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work across multiple teams in a large/complex organization
• Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple work streams
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.