Security is a top customer concern for adopting cloud services. Microsoft is betting heavily on the Azure cloud platform but will not be able to succeed unless it meets customer security needs. If you are looking for a challenge and are passionate about protecting Microsoft and customers assets in the cloud, Azure security team has the right role for you!
The Azure Security team is looking for a Group Program Manager who can define and build the security tools and services required to protect our cloud infrastructure. The position we are looking for is a highly visible one with significant responsibility and large scope. It is a great opportunity for anyone who loves security and wants to make an impact!
• Define the security requirements and processes that will enable our Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) services, first and foremost Azure, to continue to improve their security posture.
• Oversee the development of all required tools and services required for securing the C+E cloud services.
• Oversee internal breach preparedness and red team operations.
• Identify and deliver strategies for mitigation of top service security-related gaps and risks to leadership.
• Engage with partner teams to remediate security issues based on key findings.
• Represent Microsoft in industry organizations for security and compliance initiatives where applicable.
• 10+ years of experience in security and/or cloud services.
• 2+ years of experience with threat management, incident response, risk management and/or security compliance.
• 2+ years of experience managing large multi-discipline teams.
• BS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
• Deep technical background in Windows and Linux systems, cloud security, Azure and/or similar cloud service.
• Deep experience in the entire service engineering lifecycle and live site operation at internet scale.
• Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions using both direct and virtual teams.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of security risk and threat assessment methodologies.
• Strong communication skills to effectively deliver gaps and findings and negotiate prioritization.
• Excellent people management skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.