Job Location: Cary, NC
The Principal Service Specialist is responsible for supporting Hosting Services within the Service Management and Control division of EI&A (Enterprise Infrastructure & Architecture). The Hosting Services family includes on premise physical and virtual compute, third party Cloud services (IaaS), data center hosting, mainframe, and storage. The role will include collaborating on service strategy and roadmap, evaluating impact of service and technical strategy to service landscape, and leading continuous improvement projects to enhance all aspects of the service.
- Assists with defining the strategy for services within the Hosting Services Portfolio.
- Partners with Engineering, Operations, and Solutions Delivery to create and document a comprehensive picture of the requirements for services, and ensures that the service capabilities align with business needs.
- Creates and maintains infrastructure landscapes to forecast the impact of current and proposed projects to the landscape; works with capacity management & development teams to forecast and report on demand.
- Establishes visibility into and maintains an understanding of service cost pools, so as to be able to speak to the impact of service changes to service rates.
- Lead service review forums to provide collaborative governance over third party cloud utilization.
- Organizes and chairs formal service level, initiative and financial review meetings with relationship managers and IT providers.
- Develops performance metrics/KPIs and reports on key services metrics.
- Collects feedback from service users to identify and prioritize service improvements.
- Researches competitive offerings from external providers to align service capabilities, costs, and to maintain awareness of industry trends.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to establish best practices and service consistency.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or Finance. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree an additional 4 years of equivalent work experience would be acceptable.
- 10+ years of broad IT experience, including infrastructure engineering/support
- Ability to lead a cross functional virtual team
- A solid understanding of virtualization, cloud, mainframe, storage, Unix, Windows and data center related technologies.
- Strong business acumen with broad exposure to business units
- Experience with IT budget planning processes and chargeback methodologies
- Strong relationship building skills
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 40941