McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal HR Client Consultant
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our mission is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
Are you interested in joining a team of best-in-class HR professionals who enable game-changing business results by providing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our associates? Here at Capital One you have the opportunity to work in an environment in which the business truly values the strategic HR partnership. If you have a passion for shaping the overall people strategy for the business and want to be part of a winning team, then look no further!
The ideal candidate should exhibit strong communication, influencing, and problem solving skills towards all stakeholders. We work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where one’s contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded. Capital One provides a fast paced, dynamic environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and one of the best companies to work for.
- Support execution and ensure integrity of annual horizontal HR processes for Staff Organizations
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- All Associate Survey
- Manager Development Survey
- Rewards and Recognition
- Deliver holistic workforce analytics for Staff Organizations
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely reporting on key HR metrics to support, monitor change and enable headcount management.
- Provide insight and counsel to better leverage HR data
- Identify and escalate gaps, breakdowns and emerging risks associated with data integrity
- Partner to build/strengthen effective relationships with client groups; seek understanding of business imperatives and client-specific issues to provide & execute holistic HR solutions and seamless experiences for business partners
- Respond to inquiries from associates, managers and HR Consultants who need assistance with HR-related issues
- Work with LOB management, Legal, Enterprise Risk and Compliance to ensure employment law related risks are managed appropriately
- Collaborate with HR Consultants & Partners (Compensation, Training, Recruiting, Associate Relations, and Communications) to design and deliver on strategic, cross-functional projects
- Review current processes, contribute ideas for improvements and own/partner on implementation
An ideal candidate is:
- Extremely detail-oriented, consultative, proactive and responsive
- Beacon for collaboration, partnership and teamwork within a matrixed environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrate confidence and poise when interacting with stakeholders
- Genuine intellectual curiosity and passion for achieving exceptional results
- Solid business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while remaining proactive and flexible in style
- Ability to handle confidential/sensitive information on a frequent basis
- Competent in using existing HR technology & tools (Workday) and MS Office software suite including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in project or process management or at least 2 years of HR experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Excel
- Advanced in Microsoft PowerPoint
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 4+ years of experience in project or process management
- 1+ years’ experience working in HR at in the financial services industry or 1+ years’ experience working in HR in the banking industry or 1+ years’ experience working in HR in the consulting sector
- Professional Human Resources Certification or Senior Professional Human Resources Certification preferred
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.