Under minimal direction, responsible for the design, implementation and integrity of customer application structures in a multi-user environment. Analyzes data and application issues; provides requirements and resolutions for internal/external customers. Leads or participates in logical and physical application environment designs. Reviews system/programming enhancements to ensure efficient rollout of resources and code that may impact our customers. Interacts with constructive ideas or concerns for all application development activity assignments. Monitors application issues and environment performance statistics and recommends improvements. Researches business and technological solutions when coding issues arise. This position works closely with Business Systems Analysts and Quality Assurance through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Function as a core developer of Selection Tool applications to support projects as assigned.
• Candidate must have an understanding of functional design documents and the ability to create concise technical specifications.
• Participate in a virtual team; providing team members and management with focused proactive feedback when project tasks and timelines are negatively/positively impacted.
• Estimate time, materials, and potential overruns for assigned tasks.
• Support customer issues and work resolutions through to completion.
• Ability to successfully work in a team-based environment.
• Ability to finish tasks on time with limited supervision.
• BS or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
• 8 + years programming/application development experience: Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of TFS or other source code control.
• Understand of SAFe Agile Methodology is a plus.
• Familiarity with SAP is a plus.
• Demonstrated Project Management experience is a plus.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.