ID Analytics is a leader in credit and fraud risk solutions with patented analytics, proven expertise and up-to-the-minute insight into consumer behavior. Founded in 2002, with a vision to think differently about how institutions solve the problem of verifying consumers' identities, we now solve a full range of identity challenges, including assessing credit risk and improving online customer experience. Our tools help our clients protect themselves and their customers from identity risk and fraud. Our solutions are all powered by analytics, but it's our access to data unseen by other bureaus that differentiates our solutions. ID Analytics is a Symantec company.We are looking for an experienced Information Security Analyst to join our team.Overview:
The Principal Information Security Analyst is an integral part of the Information Security Team and will be responsible for monitoring, detecting, and responding to security events, incidents and threats. This role ensures that security risks are analyzed and triaged using a wide range of information security technologies. This role will help improve the risk posture of the organization by implementing controls to prevent or mitigate security risks and exposures. In addition, this role is responsible for overseeing security assurance programs, reporting on compliance levels, identifying non-compliance issues and security vulnerabilities, and managing remediation activities.Responsibilities:
- Review, validate, and categorize security events using a variety of information security technologies.
- Analyze a variety of network and host-based logs to assist with security investigations.
- Thoroughly document security investigations for various stakeholders across the company.
- Proactive hunting on the network to identify security risks.
- Make recommendations and/or implement security controls and countermeasures to prevent or mitigate various security risks.
- Oversee the maintenance and continual improvement of vulnerability management infrastructure, initiatives, integration, processes, and technical assessment support.
- Be accountable for the patch and vulnerability management process as well as the performance of the matrixed team's assigned tasks.
- Classify and prioritize the risk of new vulnerabilities according to the specifics of our unique environment's risk level, mitigating factors, and assessment of the impacts of internal and external threats.
- Publish monthly program metrics with the aim to characterize and communicate security effectiveness to executives and stakeholders.
- Assist with routine compliance and audit functions to ensure requirements are satisfied.
- Maintain dashboards and collect metrics and reports on vulnerability findings and remediation compliance.
- Facilitate proactive remediation of new vulnerabilities by collecting information from threat and vulnerability feeds, analyzing the impact/applicability to our environment and communicating applicable vulnerabilities and recommended remediation actions to the impacted teams.
- Work closely with both business-oriented executives and leads as well as technology-oriented personnel to ensure adequate processes are in place and actions are being taken to mitigate identified risks proactively.
- Provide technical support and leadership to system owners to propose mitigation and remediation solutions to identified issues.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Information Systems or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- At least 5 years of experience in information security
- Exceptional communication and advocacy skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to express complex technical issues in an easily understood manner.
- In-depth experience with vulnerability assessment tools (Nessus, Nexpose, Metasploit, Qualys, nmap, Burp Suite, Retina, etc.) as well as manual techniques.
- Hands-on experience in tools and processes used in security event and incident detection and protection (i.e. antivirus, IDS/IPS, SIEM, etc.).
- Thorough understanding of well-known protocols (HTTP, SSH, FTP, LDAP, etc).
- In-depth network analysis (pcap), core forensic familiarity, and incident response skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of basic networking concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of information security industry and regulatory obligations (PCI DSS, SOX404, SOC1/2, ISO 27000-series, NIST Framework, etc.).
- Applicants selected for this position will require background screening and the ability to maintain a government security clearance. Applicants selected for a security clearance will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Must be available to work on an as needed basis during critical times.
- Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
- Ability to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices.
- One or more information security certifications (i.e. CISSP, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, OSCP, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more coding languages (i.e. Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash etc.).
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.