Description At QuickBooks, world-class design helps power the success of small businesses and self-employed people around the world. Our designers are involved at every step of a project-from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching pixel-perfect designs. And we're innovating through machine learning and conversational UI to make every interaction delightfully simple.
We're inspired by the courage, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit of our small-business customers. If you're ready to create bold and elegant solutions that power prosperity around the globe, we want to hear from you.We celebrate diversity and welcome any non-traditional paths into this profession. (Some of our backgrounds include comp lit, mechanical engineering and chemistry!)
What you'll do:
- Execute end-to-end design strategy for multiple platforms
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs
- Engage with customers and learn quickly through iterative prototyping
- Deliver compelling UX visions, UI specifications, wireframes, and prototypes
- Push and evolve visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, and researchers
- Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Participate in customer research and apply insights to generate designs that deliver customer delight
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
Qualifications What'll get your foot in the door:
- 8+years of experience in interaction design, product design, service design, or related field
- Bachelor's degree in Product Design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant field; Master's preferred
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Expertise conveying ideas and concepts through storyboarding, wireframing, and prototyping
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and Invision
- A dazzling online portfolio
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Digital Designer Senior Interaction Designer Content Strategist Design Operations Leader Design Technologist See More…
A little about us:
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.