• Seeking a poised, articulate candidate that understands how to position Oracle's value proposition to c-suite executives at high-growth companies. This candidate, who is a mid to senior level architect, must be comfortable communicating Oracle's technology message across all levels of an IT organization as well as at the Executive levels of companies
• The ideal candidate will be able to position this value proposition through leveraging his or her extensive knowledge of the Oracle stack. This may include either direct experience working with Oracle's technology stack, or competitive offerings such as OpenSource or Microsoft SQL server
• The candidate will be capable of creating c-level executive ready ROI/TCO analysis
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is preferred
• Has thorough knowledge of system and application design in conventional system architecture models as well the SaaS/Cloud based model
• Experience in high-growth/start-up companies is highly desirable
• Has excellent CxO level verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification
• Has awareness knowledge of the Oracle Stack including Database, Middleware and Engineered Systems
• TOGAF certification preferred but not required
• Is located in or willing to relocate to work locally out of Burlington, MA
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Work with Sales Area Director/AVPs to strategize on identifying and vetting engagement key accounts and quantifying strategic value and deliver reference architectures as part of strategic engagements
• Lead deep discovery with customers independently as well as with a team
• Work with BTS Director and peers to define and update templates and architectures to be delivered as part of strategic template services
The primary focus of a Sales Consultant (Pre-sales) is to become an expert in a core set of Oracle products and solutions and to present the value proposition and benefits of our solutions to our partners, prospects and customers and internally to our sales force
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction, through on-line/in person sales efforts. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Internet Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Internet Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions. Support sales team in online/in-person selling efforts. Expert level responsible for formulating and leading presales technical/functional sales support activity for customers, as well as Oracle community development of resources and solutions based on market needs. Approximate percentage of face to face interaction with customers to perform responsibilities is 15%
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.