We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary: internal title USFPG08 -Principal IT Consultant
Lead division level projects in both the application of technology as well as providing technical project management. Provides leadership for development of strategic initiatives either by developing requirements for complex application systems or developing strategic plans that may involve multiple technical architectures. Consults with senior management on development of detailed project proposals and justification. Analyzes/evaluates existing computerized/manual systems, and processes for the company. Recommends alternative methods that incorporate appropriate technology solutions. Researches areas of the company operations where problems in methods, practices and procedures exist in order to recommend, approve and develop more efficient manual or computerized systems. Essential Job Functions
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Responsible for assignments that are broad, and may be strategic or tactical in nature.
- Contributes to strategic, operational, and tactical plans that are aligned with the corporate mission.
- Occupies leadership role in the preparation and evaluation of complex work plans and proposals.
- Formulates standards and guidelines for assigned area.
- Evaluates and implements continuous improvement activities.
- Provides consultation and direction to senior management on impact of major policy, procedures, or program change.
- Provides technical and business leadership within the organization. Deals with moderately diverse problems or activities in related functions.
- Directs activities for assigned areas Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical Development Role Develops requirements for complex application systems, including the implementation requirements for advanced, complex network telecommunications and contact center tools,technological environments.
- Involves supervision of other technical resources, and routine contact with high-level business management.
- Demonstrates and has extensive background in integration testing, advanced technology concepts, multiple database skill, workbench skills, data modeling, user presentations, and feasibility studies.
- Technical Architecture Role Leads the analysis and development of strategic plans involving multiple technical architectures for a small to site level size the enterprise.
- Involves facilitation of senior user management and analysis of critical business success factors related to network and telecommunications technologies.
- Demonstrates and has expert knowledge of multiple methodology expertise, strategic planning information engineering focus expertise, advanced technology development at the enterprise level, and formal facilitation (Joint Application Review/Development).
The Principal IT Consultant will report into the Head of Design & Engineering.
- The Principal IT Consultant will be involved in providing strategic direction, leadership, and vision for the planning, standardization, automation, and implementation of enterprise platforms as well as aligning network services with its technology and business needs through service fulfillment.
- Leverage expertise in evolving enterprise technologies of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) and Software Defined Networking (SDN) to make the Enterprise network more agile and support cloud technologies and automation.
- Expertise on Cisco Networking Technologies.
- Network Security.
- Technology certifications prefer.
- 9+ years of experience in a task/proposal lead role.
- Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) using either Cisco ACI or VMware NSX (ideally both).
- A “CCIE Routing & Switching” is preferred.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum. Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment. Education Requirements:
Four year college degree, MBA/MIS a plus. Continue educational development in job related field. Experience Requirements:
9+ years of experience in a task/proposal lead role 3+ years leadership/management experience Special Skill Requirement
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Project management and development skills.
- Current ongoing awareness of technology and business trends to determine where to apply new technologies.
- Knowledge of IT concepts and disciplines to enable completion of difficult assignments.
- Experience in leading division level projects.
A little about us: