Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.Department Overview
The IT Communication and Collaboration Services team at Symantec is responsible for delivering collaboration services across the entire spectrum of products and technologies, and enabling our employees, customers, partners and suppliers to communicate and collaborate easily and effectively with a fully integrated, high quality user experience. We are currently looking for motivated individuals who not only "do" but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference.Job Description
If you like playing with cool toys and finding creative ways to make them work in an enterprise environment, this is the job for you. This job touches mobile management, laptop/desktop deployment and security, and all the tools needed to keep our end-users productive and happy.
You'll get to use the latest Symantec tools on the newest technology and drive innovation in how we deliver for our end users. IT Engineers in endpoint management set the standards for end-point computer software, develop and test images and software packages, and distribute the software to our users.
SOE, MDT, VDI, BYOD, ITIL, MDM, UEFI, NVMe - if you are an experienced IT engineer and can decipher these acronyms, stop reading and apply now! Responsibilities
- Recommend standards for end-point software
- Suggest, evaluate and implement new technical service offerings
- Monitor and report on platform use and effectiveness
- Actively participate in informal internal social media formats (wiki, chatter, etc) for the delivered platform solutions
- Design end-point software solutions that fulfill core functional requirements and job-specific needs
- Maintain and sustain currency of the standard operating environment (SOE) that is applied to all Symantec production end-points
- Inspire and mentor other engineers who develop, test, update and maintain the standard operating environment
- Consult and collaborate with other engineers and quality assurance specialists to ensure quality and application compatibility requirements are met in the creation and delivery of end-point software
- Use creative problem solving and lead team collaboration to troubleshoot, analyze and fix defects reported from testing or from field and service desk operations
- Participate in pre-release testing of standard environments and updates
- Lead the sustaining and maintenance activities for the infrastructure and application environments used to develop and test the SOE images and toolkits
- Support company information security policies and IT standards with designs and operational procedures
- Maintain and continuously improve development and testing processes to ensure quality and IT cost-effectiveness
IT Engineers are also expected to:
- Maintain technical currency related to end-user computing current practices, directions and trends
- Demonstrate flexibility, agility and comfort with rapid change
- Suggest and support innovations
- Place a high regard on quality and customer service
- Work consistently with Symantec values
- 7+ years in an IT role with increasing levels of responsibility
- Possess IT operational and engineering experience in end user computing
- Global enterprise use and deployment/management of Windows and Mac operating systems, remote access solutions (including VPN/VDI), identity management, software distribution and monitoring, system back-up, PGP encryption and mobile device management
- Application packaging and the full cycle of patch management and software distribution for end-point deployments
- Administering, deploying, and troubleshooting Microsoft and Mac operating systems and software
- Experience with DEP, AirWatch MDM, Munki, Autopkg and software packaging for Mac
- Experience deploying Adobe Creative Cloud Suite software in an enterprise environment
- Experience with all Windows operating systems including Windows servers, Microsoft SQL Server and SQL query languages
- Active Directory infrastructure including DHCP, DNS, user accounts, group policies and security
- Networking concepts and technologies including: Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, and DHCP are required
- Working in highly regulated environments, where security, audit, and compliance needs are crucial to success
- Shell scripting experience
- Comfort working independently in a complex and globally distributed environment
- Ability to work collaboratively while taking ownership for team outcomes
- Capacity to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS/MBA/MA degree is preferred (BA/BS degree expected) or equivalent related experience.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.