We are looking to add a talented software engineer who can get things done to our Taleo R&D team. We have a unique working environment where great engineers thrive. The team is made up of seasoned professionals and open to adopting new innovative solutions wherever it makes sense. We are a well-organized software shop with lightweight processes for continuous integration, code reviews, proper versioning control and unit testing that help us be more productive.
• Research, analyze, prototype, design, develop and test software
• Work with Product Stakeholders to analyze and understand functional requirements, objectives, and desired features; then design, implement and test code to achieve desired functionality
• Work and collaborate with a variety of other technology-driven teams within Oracle in an ongoing basis
• Create unit test scenarios and run tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency
• Work with the quality assurance team to assist with program review/testing and program correction and provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with program
• Monitor the performance of programs after implementation and write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
• Mentor junior developers and help them deliver against the objectives
• Bachelor of Science, Computer Science/Engineering, or related discipline
• 8 years hands-on experience with web application development with Java and open-source technologies
• Strong knowledge of Spring and Hibernate
• Experience in complex projects with web services such as REST, SOAP or a similar technology
• Experienced in designing and developing multi-tenant, Software as a Service (SaaS) products
• Strong ability to convert and absorb functional requirements and technical architectures guidelines into new software design
• Strong knowledge in database and SQL
• Solid understanding of web concepts and technologies
• Experience in maintaining large-scale enterprise software
• Strong Object-Oriented design skills with ability to abstract out design patterns
• Knowledge of security/access control and internationalization
• Possess good coding discipline and strong knowledge in dealing with performance issues
• Understanding of source code management tools such as Subversion or Git
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of Agile practices and continuous integration
• An opportunity to work in a dynamic international team of skilled professionals
• Work with advanced technologies and products
• Competitive salary and career growth
• Flexible working hours including work from home program
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.