Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Welcome to Workday's Business Intelligence
team! We are leading the way in building an interactive, fully integrated, analytics platform with high-performance in-memory processing engine. Workday BI runs in a cloud based multi-tenanted architecture that processes 9+ million report executions a day (growing 40% YOY). Development happens at a fast pace using agile methodologies and on a single code line.
Are you a java engineer who enjoys the challenge of architecting and building a robust platform geared for Data retrieval and processing? Have you worked in environments where you've focused on highly available applications and are eager to build the software platform to support these needs?
In this role, you will work with a top-notch team to deliver an enterprise-grade BI Platform. If you are eager to dig into our metadata model to improve end-to-end performance, and have the drive and spark to thrive in a fast-growing company focused on building technologies that delight customers, then we would love to talk to you! You should have:
- A proven ability to: take a leadership role in projects that span multiple teams, deliver on-time while working in a fast paced agile environment, and work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements.
- Exceptional software architecture skills including SOA, modularization, generalization and component based architecture
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- The ability to juggle priorities and make the right tradeoffs in feature content and timely delivery of features, while ensuring customer success and technology leadership for the company.
- Exceptional core CS concepts (distributed programming, concurrency, algorithms)
- Strong experience with designing highly distributed systems.
- Passion for code correctness (continuously improving testability and code quality).
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment that is agile.
- Deliver value incrementally and frequently
- Strong Object Oriented Design and Analysis skills
- Good understanding of Software Engineering Principles
- Strong software product development and API design and development experience
- Understanding of data evolution and it's impact on performance
- Experience with code profiling and performance tuning
- 12+ years of experience
- Masterful in Java
- Scala skills preferred
If you are a passionate and experienced Engineer who loves to build from the ground up, we'd love to talk with you! About Workday
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.