Principal Java Engineer, Fusion Middleware (Cloud) Applications (Redwood Shores, CA)
Want to be a part of an elite Technology team delivering the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud? Fusion Middleware is the only middleware available that leverages modern hardware and software architectures that enable enterprises to create and run fully integrated, agile, intelligent business applications across social, mobile, cloud and big data technologies. Oracle is setting a new standard in middleware and is uniquely positioned to transform the way businesses innovate, work and adopt technology. The next generation of Fusion Applications will truly be the foundation of innovation.
As a Principle Software Developer for the Fusion Applications Lifecycle Management you will be responsible for the architectural design and implementation of all frameworks and tooling necessary for the successful running of Fusion Applications for customers on Oracle Cloud, as well as for On-Demand and On-Premise customers. You will be a leading contributor working in the center of Oracle's highly visible Cloud and Fusion initiatives. To be successful you will need to develop a deep understanding of all Fusion Middleware products as well as all Fusion Applications products, and will be responsible for the lifecycle frameworks of such, including install/provisioning, OVM creation and rehydration, patching, upgrade, Cloning, P2T, etc. Framework and tooling created will be used by every single Oracle Fusion Applications customer, and plays the central role of enabling and managing Customer needs within Oracle's Cloud.
As a technical leader of the team, you will work on and provide directions to projects that solve complex technical problems that provide substantial customer value. You will be in daily interaction with other key architects with Oracle, along with executives and leaders across the Fusion and Cloud initiatives. You will work with team members spread across the globe. This is an extremely challenging, very fast paced, extremely rewarding and highly visible position. Projects are developed leveraging leading Oracle technologies such as Oracle Virtual Machine, Oracle Identify Management, Service Oriented Architecture, etc. and using programming languages/tools that include Java, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, and deployed on cloud based infrastructure as well as traditional physical infrastructure
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in lifecycle domain and in necessary technologies to provide architectural leadership to a large, world-wide team. Should have deep architectural leadership experience in SaaS/Cloud as well as in enterprise software solutions. High degree of competence in written and verbal communication skills, including to executive audiences, required. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
• BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent, with a solid foundation in complex software system design
• A background with deep and incredible coding skills (especially in Java) as well as in all other technical skills necessary for excellence in all stages of product development.
• Commercial experience as lead developer of complex cross application products and/or underlying infrastructure that has shipped and in use by large number of customers. This includes proven success in architectural leadership and design, as well as successful implementations of such.
• Operations experience in a data center. Understand network topologies, IT processes, and deployment architectures (e.g. layout of resources within a data center).
• Expertise in architecting, designing, and implementing scalable and distributed systems. Includes concurrent execution as well as multi-thread applications.
• Understanding of security constructs including passwords and certificates.
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
• Ability to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.