Principal KYC Risk Specialist, Small Business
This position is focused on creating maintaining and executing an effective and consistent underwriting and risk management processes and providing leadership support to the Underwriting and/or Risk Management Team.
The Team Leader will also manage underwriting and/or risk management escalations, exceptions and provide necessary support to various departments and LOBs to continuously improve and enhance existing processes and procedures in order to effectively mitigate chargeback and fraud risks associated with merchant card acceptance.
• Ensures timely and accurate execution of underwriting and/or risk management processes
• Reviews and makes decisions on underwriting and risk management exceptions to determine their acceptability considering all applicable risk factors
• Serves as an escalation point for the Underwriting and/or Risk Management Team
• Ensures timely completion of special projects assigned to the Underwriting and/or Risk Management Team
• Assists with training, coaching and monitoring of Underwriting and/or Risk Management associates
• Ensures that all Underwriting and/or Risk Management processes/procedures and documentation are in compliance with applicable rules and regulations
• Ensures accurate and timely reporting of underwriting and risk management data
• Provides ongoing support to other functional areas and business partners
• Assists with building and maintaining a strong, highly motivated team, fosters teamwork, ensures consistent and effective performance and communication
• Mediates problems which may arise and attempts to satisfy the customer and maintain a positive business relationship while mitigating credit risks to Capital One
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of small business industry, products and applicable compliance rules and regulations,
• Exhibits excellent leadership skills, work ethic, teamwork and initiative
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 2 years of people management experience
• At least 3 years experience in risk management or at least 3 years experience in credit underwriting
• Masters degree
• Experience with querying languages (such as MySQL, Stata, SAS, R, Unix, etc.)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.