West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Learning Consultant
The best leaders don't just motivate, they inspire. That’s how we reach our goals and why we reward outstanding results. Sound like you? Then consider Capital One, a financial services leader and FORTUNE 200 company, where you'll find an environment that values your abilities and rewards results that drive business success.
If you have a passion for helping others learn by creating amazing learning experiences, you may be a fit for our team. We are looking for a Learning Consultant responsible for consulting with managers, leaders and partners to design and develop new learning content and programs for our associates
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory and fundamentals into curriculum development
- Identify learning needs by conducting surveys, interviewing appropriate managers, business subject matter experts, and evaluating feedback from existing programs
- Break down complex technical and digital topics into easy to understand learning opportunities to assist Capital One’s associates grow their digital fluency.
- Partner with Capital One University to create learning solutions including:
- Storyboarding for videos, eLearning, mLearning, and other media rich content.
- Script writing/editing and story writing
- Highly-interactive virtual instructor led training (VILT)
- MOOCs and Flipped Class Room programs
- Social learning communities, including community plans and communication plans
- Write strong assessments to measure the effectiveness of learning programs and evaluate their impact on service quality and the customer experience.
- Collaborate with peers on adoption, standards, and normalization of new and innovative learning modalities.
- Manage workload, meeting deadlines with minimal direction and supervision.
- Uses judgment to make decisions by identifying issues, diagnosing problems, generating alternative solutions, and analyzing opportunities and risks.
- Strong professional impact and presence, including the ability to positively influence others.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills including ability to adjust style and message based on audience.
- Travel as needed (up to 10% at times) to other company locations for training purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in training design and development
- Advanced in Microsoft Office
- 3+ years of experience in Training Design and Development Delivery
- 2+ years of experience in Consulting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.