NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Principal Market Coordinator, Community Affairs - Commercial Northeast
Capital One’s Community Affairs team is looking for a progressive, team-oriented associate with a mindset and commitment to outstanding service, collaboration and growth. The Northeast Community Affairs Market Associate will support Community Affairs and Commercial Bank team in their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts including facilitating partnerships with the lines of business, managing internal - external stakeholder groups and supporting the Market President Network at the regional and state level in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Louisiana.
Communications and Operations
- Create, coordinate and manage appropriate level communications with various stakeholders to execute on events including run of show, COF remarks and event recaps.
- Maintain Community Affairs communication vehicles including newsletters, dashboards and other internal marketing vehicles (Pulse page).
- Liaise with communications teammates to support internal and external coverage of programs and activities related to associate engagement, executive engagement, business development, recognition and community impact.
- Collect and archive impact stories and collateral (i.e. photos, quotes) for use in internal and external communications (i.e. annual reports, award applications).
- Coordinate data reporting, surveys and tracking in collaboration with Commercial, Northeast & Louisiana Community Affairs Team.
Special Event, Associate Engagement, and Grant Making Support
- In partnership with Community Affairs and the Commercial Bank, support associates and executives in coordinating, facilitating and meeting their associate engagement needs through volunteerism, community leadership and engagement activities.
- Liaise with Community Affairs teammates to facilitate associate engagement and grant making presentations as appropriate.
- Support onsite volunteer management and nonprofit presentations where necessary to ensure high quality associate volunteer experiences, drive volunteer retention and increase awareness of our CSR work.
- Articulate the returns of CSR to internal executives and teams as appropriate.
- Represent Capital One in the community through networking and event attendance.
Program and Project Management
- Support and manage activities and special events associated with Regional Market President efforts, local CSR strategy, major sponsorship fulfillment and communications planning.
- Manage budgets and invoices related to projects and programs.
- Maintain special event calendar and project management task lists for major efforts.
- Supports Community Affairs wide project and process management initiatives as directed by manager.
The Team Member we are looking for will have:
- An authentic, optimistic, fun, innovative, resilient, collaborative and open-minded personality
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Significant organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and activities with a wide variety and volume of partners while managing change, conflicts and/or shifting priorities
- Strong EQ skills including the ability to influence and comfortably interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Project management research and analytical skills
- Strong networking skills with a talent to naturally build and maintain relationships at all levels and strategically leverage relationships appropriately
- Experience/understanding of CSR specifically corporate philanthropy and volunteerism.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Administrative experience
- At least 1 year of project management experience OR At least 1 year of event management experience OR At least 1 year of combined experience in project & event management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Experience in the Corporate Social Responsibility field
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.