West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Marketing Associate, Branded Card
Capital One, a Fortune Magazine “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is seeking a Principal Marketing Associate for the branded card acquisitions team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to take your leadership, marketing strategy and technical skills to the next level. With responsibility for developing and executing the direct mail strategy for Mainstreet, our largest consumer segment, you’ll lead world class creative agencies and work with some of the smartest marketing analysts in the industry. Direct mail is a critical acquisition channel and we’re seeking an innovative, data-driven strategist that understands the value and reality of delivering outstanding omni-channel customer experiences.
- Develop and implement channel marketing strategy
- Innovation – insights, analysis, creatives, etc.
- Leadership of cross-functional and creative teams
- Synthesize and implement research insights, marketing trends, competitive landscape, and macro external factors in strategy recommendations
- Lead execution of learning agenda and creative testing investment strategy
- Collaborate with analyst teams to understand metrics in total business performance and build on analysis to identify new opportunities and adjust marketing/ testing strategies
- Collaborate with Ops partners to proactively identify efficiencies and opportunities
- Serve as key liaison for and collaborate with cross-functional teams including partners from: Marketing & Analysis (P&L owners), Digital Channels, Brand Segment teams, Operations/Production, Legal etc.
- Influence internal decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking through excellent communication
- Work proactively in an agile environment and identify when to work outside the process in whitespace
Associate should bring:
- A curious mindset, specifically curiosity about consumer attitudes and behaviors
- Multi-Channel marketing and communication experience, including digital and direct response marketing
- Experience in marketing plan and creative development, consumer research and innovative approaches to increasing response/engagement
- Knowledge of online and traditional marketing, and skilled in visual communications
- Experience managing creative teams and agencies, advertising and corporate marketing
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams within an organization
- Flexible and detailed-orientated, must be able to handle multiple projects, deadlines and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work
- Data-proficient self-starter who enjoys leveraging data, metrics and insights to drive results and learnings
- Can easily identify potential hurdles within a project and takes the lead on solving them
- Highly effective communication skills with outstanding writing, editing, and presentation abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in multi-channel marketing and 5 years experience in data-driven direct response
- At least 5 years of experience in planning, execution, and analysis of marketing programs
- At least 5 years of experience in managing creative teams and agencies
- At least 5 years of experience in leading cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- At least 3 years of experience in financial services marketing
- Masters of Business Administration with a marketing specialty
- At least 1 year of experience working in an Agile team environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.