Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
As a key team member within the Infusion Systems Device Engineering team you are responsible for creating and implementing innovative mechanical design solutions for Baxter's infusion pumps to address customer needs.
- Design and develop complex mechanical assemblies, mechanisms and component parts for company developed and manufactured medical devices.
- Identify creative solutions to complex mechanical problems and define and execute plans to rapidly assess and optimize designs.
- Use appropriate analytical methods to assess designs such as tolerance analysis, finite element analysis, and other common mechanical engineering methods.
- Operate independently, with wide latitude for independent judgment with minimum supervision while providing high quality output.
- Create device hardware specifications based on customer / user requirements
- Develop relevant machine tooling, jigs, fixtures, and gauge and equipment used in device manufacturing and test processes.
- Lead/Participate in design reviews.
- Review and approve designs and drawings against: general standards, design requirements, geometric tolerances, drafting practices and the applicable manufacturing process.
- Develop statistically valid tests to verify designs meet product requirements.
- Generate design and test documentation that meets company, FDA, and ISO requirements.
- Define drawings that meet ANSI drawing standards, including Y14.5 GD&T
- Organize and present technical and project status overviews without assistance.
- Perform other related product design and development duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience in design and implementation of components produced by injection molding, machining, and stamping processes.
- Experience developing products and creating design documentation according to FDA and ISO medical device product development process requirements.
- Experience developing 3D models using Pro/Engineer (Creo), Solidworks, or equivalent.
- Experience using engineering statistical methods to aid in the development decision process.
- Experience with finite element modeling and computation fluid dynamics preferred
- Demonstrated root cause analysis and problem solving skills.
- Recognized as a technical expert by peers and other personnel within the business unit.
- Cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- B.S. and 5 - 8 years related experience, or M.S. and 2- 4 years related experience. Ph.D. 1 - 2 years experience.
#LI-AS1-PEqual Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.