Principal Member of Techncial Staff
Posted: February 03, 2017
Reference ID: 170004P8
Principle Member of Technical Staff - Oracle Bare Metal Cloud
Network Automation Group
https://www.google.com/#q=Oracle Bare Metal Cloud
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed networking solutions for the cloud? Do you love the idea of working in an environment with the excitement of a start-up, but the financial backing of a Fortune 1 00 company? You'll be joining an early-stage, fast-growing venture that offers a ton of autonomy and a lot of variety. This role offers huge upside potential, high visibility, and fast career growth without the risks of a typical start-up. This is a unique opportunity to work with smart people to solve complex problems in distributed systems, networking, multi-tenant Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and Software Defined Networking (SDN) operating at massive scale.
Customers always want higher availability, more bandwidth, greater network security, less network latency, less network jitter, and lower overall cost. We help Oracle build the best-in-class cloud offering by providing comprehensive, programmatic, safe control over Oracle's global cloud network infrastructure. Our mission is to build services that comprehensively model, provision, secure, scale and operate our networks. Our customers use our services to represent networks of arbitrary complexity and subsequently build, secure, interconnect scale and administer these networks.
We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer who will lead software architecture and development for major components in the Network Automation space. You should be comfortable at building complex distributed systems that interact with end users at one end and network infrastructure at the other. Prior experience with Networking is a plus. You should value simplicity and scale, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn. Your excellent judgment and strong communication skills will be invaluable when defining the roadmap for your areas of ownership.
A great software development engineer will make all the difference for our team, our organization, our product, and our customers. Are you passionate about architecting, designing, developing, and delivering a great product? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to be an integral part of a truly great team? Come join us!
• 8 years of experience in applications development
• 3 years of experience in developing large scale distributed services / applications
• Expert skills with at least one high level languages such as Java, C#, or C/C ,
• Experience with at least one scripting language such as python, ruby or perl
• Experience with desktop and server operating systems and concurrent programming
• Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
• Excellent judgment to influence product roadmap direction, features, and priorities
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Hardware Engineering or related field
• Prior experience with network and/or datacenter automation
• Experience in development of networking protocols such as TCP/IP
• Experience in development of network security protocols such as TACACS / RADIUS, IPSec
• Masters / PhD degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
Position is location in the Oracle Cloud Dev Center Seattle, Washington.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.