West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Messaging Product Owner
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! As part of the Digital Messaging organization within Capital One, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while managing current performance. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and taking it to the next level.
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
In this role you will:
- Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance messaging products on a day to day basis. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth and disruption. You are a dynamic product owner familiar with Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
- The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer products
- At least 3 years of digital industry experience for consumers
- At least 1 year of Agile product management experience
- 1-3 years experience as a Product Owner in an Agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.