Job Location: Cary, NC
The Principal Multimedia Engineer is primarily responsible for leading the development and curation of enterprise technology standards. Additionally, the Principal Multimedia Engineer ensures delivery of all technical aspects of multimedia services globally for the enterprise such as room-based audio-visual systems, collaboration solution integration, technical diagrams and architecture, user interface optimization, platform standards, and AV vendor interaction. This position is part of a growing, dynamic team of engineering professionals and will play a critical role in multimedia related initiatives and the communication of these deployed solutions to the business.
- Collaborate with partners in Corporate Real Estate, Solution Delivery Services, Network Operations, and Service Ownership to define the global multimedia service.
- Manage the consultant team’s work creating complete design packages consisting of architectural drawings, schematic drawings, narrative specifications, and bills of materials.
- Manage competitive bidding for all mid and large scale multimedia builds and renovations
- Oversee the installation of projects and provide direction to AV integrators; provide troubleshooting and technical expertise as required.
- Manage UAT and enrollment into asset management; remain current on developments in UC
- Develop and manage the configuration management framework for the enterprise fleet of systems.
- Prepare documentation such as product evaluations, point of view articles, technical architecture designs, and end-user collateral as needed.
- Develop Engineering system specifications, drawings and wiring diagrams using tools such as AutoCAD.
- Continually evaluate new and emerging technology for benefits to the overall enterprise and specific business units.
- 10+ years of progressive AV industry experience supporting a large enterprise with a focus on Design and Engineering Management.
- 5+ years of project management experience including planning, procurement, installation, commissioning, and end-user training.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco video conferencing solutions, Biamp audio DSP, Crestron control systems, and RMG Networks digital signage.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Prefer: Protocol level understanding of AV technologies such as HDMI, Dante, AVB, H.264, H.323, SIP. Industry certifications such as InfoComm CTS-D, CTS-I, Crestron Certified Programmer, DMC-D, DMC-E, Cisco CCNA, CCNP.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
Group Technology – Enterprise Infrastructure, Engineering
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 42581
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.