What you’ll be doing...
Provide architectural & design oversight and life cycle engineering with the steady state Verizon team for a large integrated customer Cisco Voice & Data Networking infrastructure.
Responsible for maintaining the integrity of the infrastructure through a detailed knowledge of the components and how they integrate and interact. The Voice & Data Infrastructure components include:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Cisco Unity Unified Messaging
- Cisco Emergency Response (CER)
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) experience is a plus
- Related Cisco Voice and router/switch & wireless networking technologies.
- TCP/IP Internetworking
- Servers & virtualized infrastructure
- Design, Planning & Implementation of Core Network (Nexus, Cisco UCS)
- Design & Planning & Implementation of WAN (Dual MPLS, BGP Multi-homed, ASR)
- Strong hands-on R/S and Nexus experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience in OSPF, BGP, MPLS protocols.
- Assist in developing and updating the long-range, comprehensive plan for the customer’s networking systems, processes, technical architecture and standards.
- Expected to stay abreast of relevant changes in technology and maintaining focus on the strategic requirements by working with the business units in a continuous cycle of planning for growth and optimization.
- Consulting on network designs and technical engineering solutions to address specific customer requirements.
- Collecting and confirming detailed information from customers, account teams, and Engineering groups that are specific to the business requirements for purposes of designing network solutions.
- Delivering network diagrams, documentation and internal technical support training in order to successfully sustain and continuously improve the environment.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Enterprise technology disciplines specific to Cisco Voice & Data Networking & Unified Communications.
- Experience in Enterprise Voice & Data Architecture design and life cycle engineering principals, hands-on implementation, and physical/logical configuration best practices.
- Experience in routing and switching technologies & protocols; including QoS.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology.
- 6+ years of experience in Enterprise technology disciplines specific to Cisco Voice & Data Networking & Unified Communications.
- 6+ years of experience in Enterprise Voice & Data Architecture design and life cycle engineering principals, hands-on implementation, and physical/logical configuration best practices.
- 6+ years of experience in routing and switching technologies & protocols; including QoS.
- Experienced in large enterprise/global environments.
- Industry level certifications in one or more of the following:
- Cisco CCIE
- Cisco Voice Collaboration; CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional, Voice
- ITIL Foundations
- Ability to be self-directed and work effectively in a teaming environment both with and without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to defend and support ideas.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to present to all levels of leadership.
- Proven analytic skills and the ability to isolate and resolve complex issues.
- Experience in sales or service of Fortune 500 companies.
- Successful project delivery in a Fortune 100 company.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.