Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Among our several NJ locations, our Hopewell and Bloomsbury sites are key components of the Biologics Network Strategy, with available Process Development and Analytical Development & Testing opportunities to support the innovating biologics under development.
Under the guidance of the Associate Director - Global Packaging Technology the incumbant is responsible for developing secondary packaging for a wide range of BMS products. The role requires cross functional support and technical leadership of projects from concept through commercialization. This includes the development of user needs and requirements, translating these requirements into specifications, and development of secondary packaging technologies and concepts to meet the needs. The delivery of secondary packaging validations must follow design control methodologies. Responsibilities
- Position plays a key role in product development as a member of cross-functional development programs supporting projects from concept through commercialization. This includes the development of user needs and requirements, translating these to product requirements, the development and selection of technologies and concepts to meet the needs.
- Effectively apply knowledge of material science, packaging equipment, knowledge of Design Controls and GMPs to guide technology selection to ensure that final product would meet design intent.
- Identify and develop innovative technologies to meet these user needs through an effective balance of internal vs. external development activities.
- Ensure that all development activities are executed in alignment with the elements of design controls.
- Support Regulatory filing activities.
- Provide project management and technical expertise to partner with R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing sites, designers and vendors to launch new product components or package changes for US and export markets.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide technical assessments and technical support for key component changes and investigations.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on materials for all packaging development activities.
- Serve as a mentor for junior engineers in the group for their professional and technical development.
- Maintain an overview of state-of-the art technologies within drug delivery through understanding of technologies, clinical practice, regulatory environment, competitive and intellectual property landscape assessment.
- BS Degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical Engineering, materials Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field.
- MS Degree or PhD is strongly preferred.
- BS with 7- 10 years, MS with 7 years of PhD with 3 years experience, preferably in the field of Pharmaceutical, Biotech, medical devices or related industry.
Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- Broad understanding of design control elements and past experience developing products under these guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of primary and secondary component materials/systems.
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills and ability to influence matrix teams.
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Certification in lean/six sigma.