West Creek 7 (12077), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Principal Payroll Coordinator
This associate performs a wide variety of payroll activities. Those may include updating key transactions into the HR or payroll processing system, processing retroactive payments, calculating final pay, posting and reconciling payroll, correcting errors arising during payroll processing, conducting audits and preparing reports. Performers in this role are expected to work closely with Capital One Associates to answer their pay questions and resolve any issues with a key focus on associate experience.
- Performs daily tasks related to payroll processing including, but not limited to, new hire information entry, W4 entry, processing of overpayments, terminations, retroactive payments, payroll adjustments, reconciliations, and stop payments.
- Ability to complete a gross pay to net pay payroll calculation outside of the payroll system and explain to Associates with questions about their pay.
- Ability to format files to be interfaced into Payroll System.
- Performs reconciliations of payroll, benefit and deduction transactions
- Reviews payroll system output for errors and makes necessary corrections in the system.
- Assists other Capital One HR Partners as required, to resolve errors and maintain or update accurate information in the payroll system.
- Assists the Tier I contact center representatives in handling and following up on inquiries related to pay and benefits:
- Provides additional information and guidance to associates with questions concerning their pay
- Handles telephone calls and inquiries requiring detailed knowledge about the end to end payroll process at Capital One.
- Performs a variety of regularly scheduled and ad-hoc audits of the payroll data to maintain compliance with established standards.
- Assists in year-end W2 reporting and preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is required to be successful in this role and overtime maybe required as business needs dictate.
- Basic understanding of the gross to net calculation inclusive of OT calculations
- Familiarity with pay and benefit programs
- Demonstrated customer service skills, attention to detail and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Basic Qualifications/ Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent or military experience
- At least 1 year of accounting experience or at least 1 year of payroll experience or at least 1 year of benefits experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience:
- Associate degree
- Professional certification: FPC or CPP
- 2+ years of accounting experience or 2+ years of payroll experience or 2+ years of benefits experience
- 1+ years experience with Workday HR System
- 1+ years experience with case management systems
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.