Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell Boomi, the market-leading provider of on-demand integration technology and the creator of AtomSphere, the industry's first-to-market Integration Cloud, is recruiting for the position of Performance Engineer for our Berwyn PA offices to provide product performance and ility testing around the companys software offerings. The person we are seeking must be a highly motivated professional team player who is willing to work in a fast-paced, technology driven company where each individuals contributions directly impact our success.
Essential Job Functions
- Work within our agile framework to perform performance and non-functional validation of Dell Boomis core product line
- Perform capacity planning and work with Technical Leadership to anticipate performance issues before they occur
- Monitor and trend production performance and help resolve production issues in real-time.
- Represent performance trends and results visually through dashboards and reports
- Communicate results, trends and findings to technical leadership and senior management
- Guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Work independently and within the team to balance multiple tasks and priorities
- A Bachelor's or Masters degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in performance testing, architecture and analysis
- Experience in validating the performance of multi tier J2EE/J2SE applications
- Strong understanding of software performance engineering fundamentals - workload models, load generation, queueing models, scalability, TPS
- Experience in load testing backend applications such as Database, SOAP/REST, JMS/MQ or EDI applications using any load testing tools such as LoadRunner, Jmeter, Neoload
- Strong experience in performance monitoring tools such as vmstat, iostat, JMX/JvisualVM, APM/NewRelic, Yourkit
- Experience in writing simple monitoring and data extraction tools in Java, Python, and/or Unix shell
- Knowledge of CPU virtualization, Storage performance, Database performance, Network performance
Other Preferred Skills
- Experience in Java and SQL Performance tuning is a plus.
- Familiarity working with Integration tools like Dell Boomi
- Working experience with Linux, MySQL, Elasticsearch, AWS, and/or Azure
- Experience performing non-functional testing in a highly agile environment
Job Family: Engineering Development
Job ID: R05410
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.