Hundreds of millions of people use Skype which means jobs here offer countless ways to positively impact the lives of many millions of people. As a platform built to strengthen connections through shared experiences, Skype plays a critical part in forming meaningful relationships where people can connect and share what matters most to them. We are currently working on the next generation of Skype which will take it to the next level! Skype Product Managers work closely with talented teams of engineers and designers to build amazing products that customers love.
We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial, versatile and energetic Product Managers to help innovate and execute product initiatives across the company. We're looking for a versatile and energetic individual to define, develop and ship delightful communications experiences on Internet of Things (IoT) devices. You'll define key metrics to influence positive growth and engagement of customers on Skype IoT devices that deliver multi-modal user interfaces and rich media including video. You'll use those metrics to prioritize and drive the delivery of features that customers will use on these devices daily and love. You'll develop close internal partnerships with Design and Engineering and external partnership with strategic device manufacturers, as you work with them to deliver amazing device experiences to customers with great agility. You will engage with other parts of the company such as Cortana, Bing, and Windows to define a better together story for Skype.
- Define and drive the Skype communications experience on IoT devices.
- Specify the user experience and functional requirements for your feature area.
- Lead design and engineering to deliver designs and experiences that have a soul (not just a feature list!) that our customers will love.
- Define and own quantitative metrics for your feature area.
- Work with the analytics team to nail the implementation of the metrics required to understand progress toward our goals.
- Build strong partnership with device manufacturers to deliver innovative devices that customers will love.
More about you:
- You're looking to join a small, highly skilled, proven team with big aspirations and exciting product challenges.
- You're an incredibly fast learner. You love a great challenge. You come up to speed quickly, and deliver, in self-directed fashion.
- You are familiar with popular messaging and calling apps in the market and ask insightful questions.
- You work effectively with external partners and love the customer, the end-user.
- Your product intuitions are derived through the lens of the customer.
- You are relentless in the pursuit of insight into how the product is doing in market - who loves it, for what scenarios and why.
- In addition to being a great individual contributor, you care deeply about the cohesion and capability of the team as a whole.
- 5+ years experience in program or product management or product development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or IT related technical discipline or in place of 3+ years of internship or industry software engineering experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.