• Responsible for specification, design, and characterization of advanced high-power low-voltage multi-phase power converters for fault tolerant enterprise class servers using VRM and VRD solutions.
• Evaluate, specify, design, implement, validate and troubleshoot power components: including MOSFETs, gate drive circuits, capacitors, chokes/inductors, transformers, power controllers, op-amps, electronic circuit breakers, LDOs, and modular power blocks.
* Address component thermal and reliability requirements for product power designs
* Partner with Microelectronics team on silicon, package, and board design trade-offs to achieve optimal power distribution network performance within system design constraints.
• Create detailed design validation procedures and pass/fail criteria
* Prepare design reviews throughout product development stages and document outcomes.
* Hold reviews for best practice test plan coverage
* Review design validation data and publish conclusions and recommended design changes.
* Provide technical leadership and contribute to and/or lead cross-platform qualification and problem solving teams for power components.
• Support project planning activities estimating scope of work and parts cost.
* Direct technicians in execution of validation and debug plans
* Mentor junior engineers on the generation of hardware design validation test plans and reports.
* B.S. or M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering
* 8 years of experience in voltage regulator power design for networking or digital communications equipment
* Hands-on experience with power circuit validation and debug using lab test equipment including oscilloscopes, electronic loads, vector network analyzers, pulse generators, and AC test sources.
• Strong grasp on power converter topologies and experience designing power converter solutions with both discrete and modular components.
* Experience designing low impedance (<1mohm> * Experience designing multi-phase switched mode converter power rails with fault tolerance
• Experience in modeling and simulation of power distribution networks using tools such as Matlab, Cadence Power SI, or SPICE
* Solid understanding of board level power decoupling techniques and trade-offs for high-speed, high-power ASICs and CPUs.
• Experience with digital and analog power converter control mechanisms and loop compensation design.
* Hands on design validation experience including impedance and loop phase/gain measurements, precision noise measurement, and load transient response.
• Ability to evaluate, specify, design, implement, validate and troubleshoot power components
* Hands-on experience with CAD tools for schematic entry and board layout constraints and analysis.
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Evaluates reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production; plans, designs and develops electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems and/or DSP systems.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic, electro-mechanical or mechanical components, assemblies or integrated circuitry for hardware systems for the external market. Includes new design, as well as modification activities that results in significant product enhancement. Activities encompass design, analysis, testing and process development using engineering principles and methods. Technical disciplines may include electrical and logical design of printed circuit boards or integrated circuits; mechanical design of electronics enclosures or integrated circuit packaging; and embedded software/firmware design.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.