Principal Pre-Sales Engineer The Mission:
Your mission is to work with Oracle largest ISV partners to architect and deploy their IP for on premise/hosted environments, migration strategies to move their IP to Oracle Public Cloud and to develop their next generation SaaS offerings on the Oracle Public Cloud. You will work with internal business development strategists, and several other internal Oracle Cloud offering teams, including Product Management and Development to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Oracle Cloud services. In collaboration with ISV sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers and help our customers accelerate adoption of Oracle's Public Cloud IaaS and PaaS - e.g Compute, Storage, Java as a Service, Database as a Service. Department Description:
The Worldwide ISV Sales Engineering team is the pre-sales engineering team supporting ISV & OEM partner business within Oracle. This organization is focusing ISV & OEM partners that integrate/embed Oracle technologies into their products, applications & solutions deployed in the cloud and/or on premise at customer, partner or Oracle locations. Responsibilities & Qualification
• In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Oracle Cloud and on premise deployments.
- As a trusted customer advocate, you will help ISVs understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
- Work with top ISV partners to help shape and execute a strategy to develop their next gen SaaS offerings on the Oracle public Cloud.
• As a key member of the ISV Sales team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the Oracle Cloud platform.
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Oracle, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud or on premise as needed.
• Conduct training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using Oracle.
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
• Leverage your influencing [or leadership] skills and unmatched enthusiasm to support sales leaders and highly motivated sales consultants and cloud specialists in closing deals with customers.
• Develop a deep expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud platform.
• Lead the efforts to share best-practice knowledge amongst the Oracle Cloud community. You will learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
• Help lead and generate excitement and usage of Oracle Public Cloud services across various ISV partners segments.
• Passion: Working with top ISV partners: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world.
• Creative: Enjoy creating and delivering compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and discussions to drive adoption of Oracle Public Cloud.
• High acumen: for assessing, compiling great technical content and white papers about emerging technologies and industry developments.
• Collaborative: Enjoy and have experience with internal teams to define the product oad map, market positioning, and other program initiatives targeted at specific audiences e.g. developers and IT pros.
• No Fear: dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Connector: The ability to connect technology with measureable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
• Strategic Thought Leader: You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. Qualifications:
• Have owned or at least been involved in the platforming choices and decisions having been through the on-premise to Cloud journey
• Experience migrating to or architecting microservices cloud solutions and/or containers or has built such green-field "cloud native" applications
• Experience building SaaS applications and/or PaaS cloud services on any popular platform e.g. SalesForce.com, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
• Experience migrating IP from on-premise to the cloud and/or experience architecting and developing a next generation SaaS offering.
• Ability to map enterprise architectures through solution and technical architectures that deliver expected business benefits and prove to be resilient in the face of changing business requirements
• Strong executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical interface between Oracle Cloud teams and end customers.
• Architecture or other appropriate certifications like TOGAF, CISSP, OpenCA, ITIL, Cobit, Prince
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent. Advanced degree highly desirable
• Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously is highly desired.Qualifications:
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.