Principal Process Engineer Job Description*THIS POSITION IS BASED IN LEHI, UTAH
~30mins from Salt Lake City, UT
Intel's Memory Technology Development group is looking for experienced Sr. Process Technology Development Leaders in process areas such as Thin Films CVD, PVD, Diffusion, Implant, Etch Dry & WET, Planarization CMP, and Patterning Lithography to help develop world class HVM processes.
The ideal successful candidate will:
- Strive to achieve and deliver leading edge process capability, yield, cost and manufacturability. This will involve exceptional collaboration with cross-functional/cross-company teams and tool vendors to meet challenging program goals.
- Define the roadmaps to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process.
- Define and establish flow, procedures, and equipment configuration for the module.
- Select and develop material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Plan and conduct experiments to fully characterize the process throughout the development cycle.
- Drive improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem solving tools.
- Establish process control systems for the process module and sustains the module through volume ramp.
- Develop strategy to resolve difficult problems and establish systems to deal with these problems in the future.
- Train production/receiving process engineers for transfer to other factories.
- Transfer process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory startup as well as install and qualification of the new production lines
*THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN LEHI UTAH. Education: PhD degree Or Masters with over 10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Physics or Chemistry with over 5 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Minimum Requirements: Minimum 10 years of hands on experience in semiconductor FAB processing. 10 years of experience in Statistical Process Control SPC or Design of Experiments DOE principles 10 years of experience in semiconductor process development. Additional Requirements: Demonstrate experience with technical problem solving skills with multitasking A fast learner to adapt to the culture and the technology Demonstration experience to work with external and internal partner Must be flexible in accommodating changing priorities and working hours to support business needsInside this Business Group
Non-Volatile Solutions Memory Group: The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Position of Trust.
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.