Principal Process Manager
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation’s top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation’s great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Process Manager, you will support the Collections Process within Capital One Auto Finance, Loss Mitigation Department. The process manager will regularly gather feedback from the customer, monitor critical performance metrics, identify improvement opportunities, and be responsible for implementing meaningful changes to the collections process. This manager will obtain requirements from the customer and develop control mechanisms to ensure the process is meeting their needs. The manager will analyze data that measures key critical indicators across Collections on efficiency, quality, and customer experience, and will modify the process to influence results that have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. This manager will also manage risk by identifying key failure modes via process health assessments, process confirmations and complaint management, and be accountable for implementing process controls to mitigate risks appropriately.
Responsibilities of this role may include:
- Creating and validating processes
- Designing and producing metrics used to measure efficiency and effectiveness
- Driving process improvements based on the analysis of data, aligned with desired customer outcomes
- Analyzing, identifying, and correcting data issues with systems used or owned by a department
- Providing subject matter expertise on processes when representing the department in projects and other meetings
- Working with process owners, unit managers and other associates to identify the root cause of operational defects and devising a plan to reduce or eliminate the defects
We are seeking dedicated, disciplined, process professionals who excel in a team environment and are experts in process improvement. This individual will have demonstrated that they can improve company processes in the past, resulting in saving time and resources for the company. This individual must be able to effectively communicate and influence partners across the company and across multiple levels of the organization. Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to a dynamic agile environment are essential to succeeding in this role. This individual must display strong leadership skills and be able to drive and motivate a team in delivering flawless execution of process improvement projects.
-Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management or Business.
-At least 2 years of experience in process management in an operations environment
-At least 2 years of experience in project management
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, or Master's Degree in Process Management, or Master's Degree in Project Management, or Master's Degree in Risk Management, or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Master's Degree in Information Systems
- Six Sigma certification or Lean certification
- 5 years of experience in process management
- 5 years of experience in project management
- 2 years of experience in people management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.