Act as the technical leader for processing new products, reformulations and new production technologies. Provide technical leadership throughout the development and commercialization of processes and products. Provide support to product development to inform them of existing system capabilities and determine requirements for new product types where capability does not exist. Bring together all technical resources required to fully develop and commercialize a process or product including but not limited to quality, micro, engineering, package development and commercialization, manufacturing. Provide subject matter expertise for all types of product processing.
- Lead the commercialization of new processing types, new products and reformulations of existing products. Function as technical project leader for all commercialization activities ensuring successful project completion. Provide technical expertise to NAG marketing, quality and technical services, bottlers, fountain and concentrate manufacturing on production and product related issues. Provide continual technical support for existing BU brands. Recommends and decides on production methodologies for new, reformulated products, and emerging technologies. Represent senior management when appropriate.
- Develop and design process requirements for existing and new products. Review and provide assessment of blending, filling and process designs. Design, develop, conduct and/or review experiments (e.g., laboratory or process experiments) in order to deliver new products; evaluate ingredient, product or packaging safety, efficacy or claims; or evaluate new ingredients, materials, products or processes. Write detailed and accurate reports for analyses, experiments or projects (e.g., equipment validation, evaluation of new processes).
- Act as scientific, regulatory, technical or quality expert and consultant by responding to targeted questions from the field or other departments/business units and providing support to branches, bottlers and customers. This includes acting as a resource for general information and acting as a consultant for other technical personnel in the Company.
- Capture information, assess it and make recommendations to Company management (e.g., senior technical management) or give the KO system information about emerging business opportunities, technology capabilities or scientific breakthroughs to offer solutions to technical problems and/or affect the Company's strategic direction
- Create materials (e.g., memos, reports/updates, newsletters, web-based text) to provide information on department activities, progress of implementation projects, issues, concerns or best practices.
- Proactively inform management, internal business units and Division/Region Leaders about scientific/technical developments (including environmental issues and methodology-related information) of potential interest/concern to increase their understanding of issues and influence their business strategies.
- Determine training needs, develop tools and communication aids, or provide training to Company, supplier and bottler personnel to ensure that the appropriate level of knowledge is transferred to the field to assist with the effective implementation of each quality initiative.
- Schedule or attend pre-commercialization test run to ensure production capability.
- Transfer the technology into a business unit(s) (e.g., updated documentation, design package, distribution path, intellectual property) for the purpose of commercialization.
- Prepare document(s) (e.g., project proposal, strategic project brief, project charter, project scope, product specifications) in order to define a project, establish expectations and gain support.
- Generate, document and execute a plan to select and/or develop technology (e.g., packaging, tools, processes, equipment, product(s) including managing the change control process, in order to meet the project's specific objectives (e.g., improve quality, deliver new products, optimize processes).
Manages and leads multiple projects and project delivery teams. Impacts the beverage industry by commercializing new products, often in conjunction with new packages and process, equipment, technologies and industry strategies. Works with senior personnel at Bottlers, Marketing, Corporate, Finance, GP&T, contract packers and industry groups.
Strategic Decision Making:
Obtaining information and identifying key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; committing to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available internal and external resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Requires the ability to analyze conceptual information and new methods to resolve important, highly complex issues. Extensive cross functional knowledge and creativity required to develop innovative solutions.
Essentially self-managed when working on assigned projects and activities. Good ability to think through the consequences of actions under consideration. When discussing problems and opportunities with senior management, able to explain the situation, possible solutions, risks and recommended course of action.
Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to influence, negotiate and agree on feasible timelines for all stakeholders. Able to communicate effectively with people across various functional areas to consult and provide recommendations, solutions and improvements to manufacturing practices.
Job Specific Skills
- Expert knowledge in food and beverage process technology. Have the ability to develop design and operations standards for processing.
- Expert knowledge of food technology and product commercialization.
- Expert knowledge of food chemistry and complex food systems as it relates to the production of carbonated and non-carbonated beverages.
- Knowledge and experience with food and beverage process technology, food hygiene and food microbiology. Able to assess product safety risk related to processing.
- Knowledgeable about The Coca Cola Company's line of beverages including a basic understanding of ingredients, concentrates and beverage bases as well as competitive product lines.
- Knowledgeable about manufacturing processes associated with non-carbonated and carbonated beverages including soft drinks, juices, syrup production and concentrate manufacturing.
- Access and ability to train on Picasso system
75% travel required
Lead cross functional project teams in order to facilitate product commercialization, the product commercialization process or resolve product related issues. May supervise 1-2 directly.
Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or related required. Masters or PhD a plus.
Requires 12 years of experience working for a food manufacturer, bottler or food ingredient supplier.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.