Product Design Owner
Service Cloud User Experience
The Service Cloud development team delivers leading-edge solutions and services that extend Oracle's leadership position in the innovative and rapidly growing arena of customer support services within our SaaS and cloud strategy. Chat, virtual assistance, customer support, mobile, and complex and sophisticated building blocks like scheduling, routing and skills management make up our growing ecosystem. User experience extends far beyond the UI. We hire to impact the end-to-end experience and the total solution, not just the UI elements on the screen. Think strategic, deliver tactical; move the ship with innovation, thought, and a customer-centric approach. Make a difference for our B2B and B2C customers by solving very challenging user experience problems. Work on a team where each senior UX team member has over 20 years of experience.
Description & Responsibilities
• Identify UX requirements; develop user models, design and maybe prototype UIs for testing and specification. Develop, evangelize, and maintain UI stories
• Own your own design projects. Communicate with Product Management and development teams to evangelize your UI design directions and resolve design tradeoffs and implementation issues, while applying our Agile design methods.
• Produce scenarios, flowcharts, wireframes, and interactive prototypes needed to communicate design visions and detailed requirements. Present to customers, business owners, and upper management
• Work with customers from across the world to gather feedback and ensure a user-centric solution.
• Three years of industry experience designing and prototyping UX for shipped software products or cloud services.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in UX Design or Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Visual Design, Psychology or a related discipline.
• This is a design position appropriate for the experience and skills of the designer. Some mad skills and passion are required. Visual design, research, statistics, or other skills are nice to have.
• Extra credit for a design related skill which is not a current strength of our org.
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills; organized and methodical.
• Track record in applying user centered design to product development.
• Strong communication and people skills while working in a multidisciplinary, international, and collaborative organization.
• Ability to see the big picture as well as careful attention to detail.
• Intense desire to dedicate time to learning and growing your design expertise exponentially.
• Must have a portfolio with the ability to clearly articulate how complex problems are solved by your user experience flow, architecture, or design.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.