Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Process Automation, Distributed Control System product management team is looking for a visionary individual who will shape and define our future embedded offerings. To be successful, the ideal candidate must be a self-driven technologist with the ability to manage non-reporting peer teams. These teams can include product marketing , execution and test, manufacturing, global customer support and training to collectively deliver valuable products meeting customer needs at an aggressive cost point.
Previous experience in management, firmware/software development, hardware development, sales or product marketing as well as a good understanding of embedded and distributed control solutions as applied to the automation market will help drive your success.
Responsibilities of the position include:
· Converting high level product epics, provided by the Product Marketing team, into a Market Requirements document detailing the specific requirements for the products being developed
· Evaluation of potential solutions with a recommendation based upon QCDI (Quality, Cost, Delivery and Innovation)
· Working with the Execution team identify development sprint deliverables to optimize the development plan
· Accept sprint deliverables by insuring the acceptance criteria is met for delivered functionality
· External stakeholder (internal and external customers) evaluation of product definition
· Creation of detailed acceptance criteria with documented feature demonstration requirements to insure you get what you requested
· Customer presentations and demonstrations of pre-released products during hosted beta sessions.
· Evaluation and management of pre-release sales requests
· Generation of product introduction videos
· Evaluation of customer Product Enhancement Requests for future inclusion into our product line
This job might be for you if:
• Minimum Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline.
Technical Experience and Knowledge Required:
• A demonstrable track record of success in a similar job role, whereby product development is according to either market or OEM requirements
• In depth knowledge of process automation systems and their application within Client organizations
• The ability to work together with Marketing to establish a vision and roadmap for our future products, thinking laterally and understanding how technologies in other industries can be adapted and applied to the development of new products
• Experience in IP generation
Performance Skills Required:
• Embedded I/O Systems experience
• Ability to think strategically and promote a product vision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with remote and virtual teams
• Execution skills: the ability to generate collaborative effort to deliver company goals and projects on time and within budget
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail: planning, monitoring and control
• Analytical skills and solution focus, judgment, decisiveness and initiative
To assist in successfully executing your programs, you should have an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.