Provides content in the formulation of strategic business plans for Virtustream’s Risk, Compliance and automated Audit solution inclusive of managed services & cloud strategies. Drives product management processes to optimize product definition, maximize the value of products to Virtustream's business and product, service & solution impact in the marketplace. Creates "first, best content" which describes and communicates product vision and product direction for customers, analysts, and internal Virtustream audiences. Formulates tactics to support the growth associated with our products. Understands the competitive ecosystem inclusive of products, services and cloud providers.
· Works very close with the development team as part of the agile development cycles and represents the voice of the customer
· Manages the product strategy and vision without direct supervision and working close with business owners and other key stakeholders.
· Evaluates and drives service, product and solution management processes (e.g. long term product strategic business and product requirement plans). Ensures the right blend of trade-offs to maximize the service and product impact in the respective marketplace (competition, timing, costs, and internal capabilities).
· Makes decisions, shapes and/or champions new direction for the product line. Supports the Business Line of strategic planning. Prepares and presents the strategic business plan supporting a particular product and/or product line to any audience, including executives and customers.
· Utilizes the customer experience team to bring customers and prospects close to the product and enable direct feedback through pilot customers, beta programs and customer roundtables
· Analyzes, identifies and qualifies opportunities for new product, service & solution features and functions in support of competitive product positioning.
· Leverages product/market knowledge to assist cross-functional groups including Product Marketing and field personnel with training content. Development of first best content.
· Supports senior staff with research, development, and presentation of new product concepts to gain timely management approval and handling of issues for product feature/function set.
· Supports the development and implementation of the company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. Tracks and analyzes product expense and cost. Provides customer interaction and support (e.g. executive briefing center, problem escalation). Analyzes product cost against revenue forecast and actuals.
· Strong technical aptitude
· Ability to influence others to achieve results.
· Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge of the risk, compliance and information assurance software and service market.
· Understanding of hybrid cloud, SAP and common enterprise applications required.
· Negotiation skills.
· Strong communications skills
· Problem solving skills.
Education Required: Bachelors (Technical)
Experience Required: 7+ years relevant experience
When you choose our company, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
Problem solving skills.
Possesses strong product/technology/industry knowledge.
Project management skills.
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
US - Virginia - McLean